My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Can't access Home page

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Snequers

Hi, I've had my 4000T 1Gb for just over a year now (typical) but today the big blue home button has stopped responding so I can't access the settings, recordings, etc... and the pause live TV has stopped working. I've tried everything I can think of, but my only finding is that when I select the source on my Samsung TV, the source seems to be switching to HDMI CEC Anynet+ but even when switching back to the HDMI source the unit fails to respond to the Home button. I've noticed that I can access recordings through the Network source, but can't FF or RWD. Has anyone else experienced this or know how to resolve it? Thank you.

| Sat 3 Dec 2016 23:32:19 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

I've had this a couple of times. Unplugging the power to the box, counting to 10 to let any settings clear down and then re-connecting worked for me.

| Sun 4 Dec 2016 3:13:45 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Snequers

Hi, I tried this numerous times yesterday without success but it seems to have worked this morning. Thanks for taking time to reply.

| Sun 4 Dec 2016 12:13:34 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

captgeneralmark

My 1TB box spent most of yesterday pretending that the home button didn't exist. It wouldn't even respond to the home button on the ios humax remote app. I eventually got it to work again after the 3rd or 4th power cycle.

| Sun 4 Dec 2016 13:10:01 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

davh

I've also experienced a non responding Home button for the first time (much to the irritation of my wife who was intending to catch up on various soap recordings in my absence). Software is the latest 1.01.49

The resolution was to completely switch off the mains supply and re-boot.(This was much easier on earlier HUmax PVR's 9150 and 9300 which had a mains switch on the back of the box)

Is this inoperative Home button a common problem that we might expect Humax to investigate and fix at a future software update?

| Wed 7 Dec 2016 18:14:01 #5 |
  6. aciddad

aciddad

special member

I reported this to Humax while using a beta version of the new software and others may have done, but I have not experienced the problem with the public release version.

David.

| Thu 8 Dec 2016 14:47:43 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tuctuc

Got the same thing tonight, few days ago it was no schedule or recordings, getting a bit fed up with this now.

| Tue 20 Dec 2016 23:08:37 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

davh

captgeneralmark - 3 weeks ago  » 
    My 1TB box spent most of yesterday pretending that the home button didn't exist. It wouldn't even respond to the home button on the ios humax remote app. I eventually got it to work again after the 3rd or 4th power cycle.

Had another inoperative home button occurrence tonight; second since the last Nov 28th update. Fortunately the first power cycle fixed it but it's rather irritating especially since no old recordings can be accessed if the PVR is already recording a programme.

| Wed 28 Dec 2016 21:25:13 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mattspencer74

The Home button isnt working on our box. Tried unplugging for 30 seconds. No success. Bit miffed. It only worked the 1st day we got it. It hasn't worked since. We cancelled Sky and bought this expecting better things, but it's been a real letdown

| Tue 3 Mar 2020 21:05:21 #9 |
  10. Trev

Trev

special member

Take it back.

| Wed 4 Mar 2020 10:06:46 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.