My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Can't get new Smithsonian channel

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SteveZ

I have the same problem with the Smithsonian channel reception. Tried a automatic search and then a manual one on DVB-T2, but still nothing. I can receive this channel on the TV we use with the Humax and on all our other TVs, but not through the Humax box. I don't think it can be a weak signal as we can see the transmitter form our house! May have to resort to asking Humax for advice!

| Tue 1 Sep 2020 14:37:41 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

SteveZ - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have the same problem with the Smithsonian channel reception. Tried a automatic search and then a manual one on DVB-T2, but still nothing. I can receive this channel on the TV we use with the Humax and on all our other TVs, but not through the Humax box. I don't think it can be a weak signal as we can see the transmitter form our house! May have to resort to asking Humax for advice!

Is your transmitter Crystal Palace if not which is the transmitter you can see ?

| Tue 1 Sep 2020 15:43:10 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Check with the Postcode Checker at https://www.freeview.co.uk/help and choose DETAILED VIEW so you see the full details for all the different transmitters you can receive at your location.

Use this site: https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Mendip and find the transmitter your aerial is pointing to and what programmes are in each multiplex.

Can you see the other programmes in the same multiplex as Smithsonian? If so, you should get Smithsonian.

Other posts in this (old!) thread suggest Smithsonian is an HD channel.

However, you have hijacked an old thread and things may have changed.

I don't think it is HD. I think it is an SD channel on the COM5/ArqA SD Multiplex, along with Pick, Dave, Film 4+1 etc. When I follow the Smithsonian link it says

Freeview multiplex: Smithsonian Channel is on multiplex COM5 in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales.

So, can you see Pick, Dave, Film 4+1 etc on COM5?

| Tue 1 Sep 2020 16:31:14 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.