My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

can't load FOXSAT-HDR_Upgrade.hdf

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

saltim

hi guys, i've put the above file on my usb stick, power down the foxsat HDR, put the USB stick in, then press and keep held the standby button, but my box just lkeeps booting up and going into normal operation mode bypassing the update. i've powered down and up, and its the same. can anyone offer any advice. i'm new here and really have tried to find a reoslve for this elsewhere on the site without success. many thanks for any help. tim

| Tue 22 Nov 2011 9:27:41 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum Tim

You are not alone, numerous users appear to have trouble updating software. A few important thing to note:

1. Does the unit already have the latest software, might appear to be a dumb question, but it has happened in the past.
    2. The usb stick needs to be FAT32 format.
    3. The upgrade file must be in the root of the usb stick, ie not in a folder.
    4. Check that your computer software does not hide file extns and therefore you may have ended up with a file name with 2 x .hdr extns.

| Tue 22 Nov 2011 9:37:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

saltim

thanks for the response. unit has 1.00.17 on it,usb stick is FAT32, the upgrade is in the root but not the only file in the root (does it have to be?), and no hidden files with a 2x before them and .hdr afterwards.

| Tue 22 Nov 2011 9:46:02 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

saltim

sorry misunderstood the .hdf statement. i only have one file in the root of the usb stick with .hdf as the extension.

| Tue 22 Nov 2011 9:48:06 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I always make a point of only having the upgrade file on usb stick.

1.00.17 is the latest official Humax Software for the Foxsat HDR

| Tue 22 Nov 2011 10:40:07 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

saltim

hi barry
    just deleted everything form my usb stick except .hdf and it made no difference...the system just boots up as normal with the standby button held firmly in whilst doing so. is it fair to assume i wont be able to upgrade my pvr then?
    why when they're writing this software, do they not address issues like this and reoslve accordingly? and why in their readme did it not offer the additional pointers that you mentioned earlier? thanks anyway . tim

| Tue 22 Nov 2011 10:57:14 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

If your unit has 1.00.17 as stated then you have the latest.

| Tue 22 Nov 2011 11:04:05 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

saltim

hi Barry. maybe i misunderstand then. i want to watch programmes stored on my pc, through my foxsat hdr on the plasma that its currently connected to. i thought the only way i could do this is by upgrading my firmware to the latest .hdf 4.04. do i not need this software then to watch programmes over my network or do i?.i'm a little confused being new to this.thanks for any clarity on this

| Tue 22 Nov 2011 11:46:46 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Tim, sorry, now understnding your predicament. You want to upload the modified software produced by raydon I suspect.

I'll have to take a back seat and let others who use it comment.

I do not use any modified software on my units other then test 'stuff' from Humax.

| Tue 22 Nov 2011 12:03:03 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

saltim - 2 hours ago  » 
    I want to watch programmes stored on my pc, through my foxsat hdr on the plasma that its currently connected to. i thought the only way i could do this is by upgrading my firmware to the latest .hdf 4.0.4 do i not need this software then to watch programmes over my network or do i?.i'm a little confused being new to this.thanks for any clarity on this

Sorry, but you can't use the modified firmware to watch programmes stored on your PC from your Foxsat HDR. It only works the other way round i.e. It enables you to watch the SD recordings stored on your Foxsat HDR from a network connected PC. In other words the Foxsat HDR is the server and the PC is the client. A PC can be set up as a server, but it is not possible for the Foxsat HDR to be configured as a client. As to USB problems when flashing firmware, there are countless posts, both here, and on other forums relating to this issue and how to resolve it.

| Tue 22 Nov 2011 14:21:21 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.