My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Confused hdr hb humax boxes

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Egghead

Hi being a newbie I'm totally confused as to which box is best for what I need I have a satellite set up with ordinary flat hd ready tv I am viewing hdr 1010s and 1100s and also hb 1000s boxes are these all capable of watching youtube from Internet and catch up programmes ? My router is by the tv so can be connected easily via ethernet which is best price wise as I'm on budget thanks for reply

| Fri 6 Jan 2017 22:00:39 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum.

The HDRxxxxS boxes (1000S. 1010s and 1100S) have two tuners and an internal hard drive for recording. They can all record two programmes at once and have the capability to view a 3rd programme while recording two depending on what you are recording. For full capability you need two satellite outlets (They can be used with some limitations with a single satellite outlet as they can use both tuners on a single cable). The HDR stands for High Definition Recorder. Apart from some hardware differences they are very similar.

The HB1000S is a much cheaper single tuner only model with no internal hard disk. It can record and pause live programmes but only if you connect an external usb drive. Being a single tuner means you can only record one programme at a time and watch a limited number of second channels). It only has and needs a single coax connection.

All of the above have the same On Demand capability.

If you are happy with recording only one channel (and using the TV for viewing while recording), the HB1000S is by far the cheapest option.

You can buy a HB1000S graded model from Humax direct for £49.00 pounds.

https://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/refurbished/hb-1000s-94e552.html

Add a usb drive for around the same price (depending on the size) will cost about £100.0. If you need to record two at once and view a 3rd a HDR series box is what you need.

| Fri 6 Jan 2017 22:19:47 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.