My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Connecting to my WD My Cloud Drive

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Aiboman

Hi everyone

I’ve just got my Humax box and would like to be able for it to connect to my WD My Cloud Drive so I can watch videos I have stored on there

Before I purchased the Freesat box I watch a video review and the reviewer showed the exact same drive as mine connected and shared through his humax box

My box and drive are connected to the same network , but I do not know how to make my box show up

When I enter the Media share section it can see my computer and my Sonos speaker system , does anyone know what I need to do to get my WD network drive to my box

| Sat 27 Jan 2018 13:13:06 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Aiboman - 5 hours ago  » 
    When I enter the Media share section it can see my computer and my Sonos speaker system , does anyone know what I need to do to get my WD network drive to my box

Have you got the DLNA server enabled on the WD My Cloud?

| Sat 27 Jan 2018 18:49:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Aiboman

Hi Martin ,

I’ve looked in the My Cloud settings I have available to me and cannot see any mention of DLNA

| Sat 27 Jan 2018 20:04:56 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Aiboman

I think my drive does not support it , I have the WD My Cloud Home unit which is the basic model , I think I need the WD My Cloud Mirror unit , I’ve looked at the tech specs and manual of my unit and I cannot see any mention of DLNA

| Sat 27 Jan 2018 20:12:19 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Aiboman - 1 hour ago  » 
    I think my drive does not support it , I have the WD My Cloud Home unit which is the basic model , I think I need the WD My Cloud Mirror unit , I’ve looked at the tech specs and manual of my unit and I cannot see any mention of DLNA

An internet search indicates that both do come with the TwonkyMedia DLNA media server installed.
    It looks as though you need to first enable twonkymedia and then go through the twonkymedia setup, but that may be a bit old now and it may now be better integrated.

| Sat 27 Jan 2018 21:41:33 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Aiboman - 2 hours ago  » 
    I’ve looked in the My Cloud settings I have available to me and cannot see any mention of DLNA

Under settings do you have a "Media" entry? That should be where you control the DLNA server.

| Sat 27 Jan 2018 22:57:26 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Aiboman

No there is nothing that mentions Media in my settings , the only thing that mentions anything to do with streaming is I have a Plex service I can add that is listed in the services menu

I’ve have looked at the manuals for the other WD My Cloud units and they do have a media option in settings but when I read through mine there is no mention of it

This is my unit ....

WD My Cloud Home

| Sun 28 Jan 2018 0:43:49 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Aiboman - 59 minutes ago  » 
    No there is nothing that mentions Media in my settings , the only thing that mentions anything to do with streaming is I have a Plex service I can add that is listed in the services menu

If the Plex service is the Plex media server then that should function as a DLNA server; see https://support.plex.tv/articles/200350536-dlna/

| Sun 28 Jan 2018 1:44:43 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Aiboman

Will have a look at Plex then although I read that Humax does not support Plex so ignored Plex , I’ve installed the service onto my WD box and I now have a Plex folder on my drive but nothing shows up still in my Media Share section of the Freesat box well apart from my computers and Sonos speaker system etc

| Sun 28 Jan 2018 10:32:00 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Aiboman - 1 hour ago  » 
    Will have a look at Plex then although I read that Humax does not support Plex so ignored Plex , I’ve installed the service onto my WD box and I now have a Plex folder on my drive but nothing shows up still in my Media Share section of the Freesat box well apart from my computers and Sonos speaker system etc

So have you enabled the DLNA service in Plex as per the instructions in the link in my previous post?

| Sun 28 Jan 2018 11:44:48 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.