My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

continuously changing channels (video attached)

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mb010273

Hi guys

Does anyone know why my Humax DTR-T1010 suddenly starts continuously changing channel for no reason? It just keeps scrolling through channels until you eventually pull the power. There’s no other way of stopping it.

It starts happening for no apparent reason. It’s like there’s a ghost in the room leaning on the remote. It just flicks through the channel as if pressing the “program up” button on the remote

Sometimes it adjusts the volume setting on the Humax box for no reason.

Here’s a video of what I’m talking about: http://youtu.be/CSl6AYqVhZo

I’ve removed the batteries from the remote and made sure none of my other remotes are being used or leaned on accidentally. I’m not doing anything at all. It just starts happening.

I also have nothing scheduled to record (I thought it might be just trying to find the channel I’m trying to record, but this is definitely not the case). But it happens regardless of whether there’s something in the schedule or not.

It could be related to using the internet players because (I think) it seems to happen after I’ve been watching iPlayer/More4. Not sure for a fact tho, I can’t seem to reproduce the problem or induce it to happen.

My last software update was on the 20th July. I’m running 13.4.0. It’s BRAND new.

The only way I can stop it is by doing a complete reboot. Literally power off on the mains. Just turning the power button off on the unit doesn’t help. When I wake it up again, it just carries on changing channel. After a complete reboot, it eventually starts happening again (after a while).

Does anybody know the solution? It’s mightily annoying and is affecting my enjoyment of an otherwise good piece of equipment!

Appreciated,
    Mike Bradley

| Sat 20 Jul 2013 21:58:51 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the forum

Think I have only seen one report of this before, the cause was a poorly screened HDMI cable. So to start with disconnect that and see if the channels keep changing by monitoring the front display.

| Sat 20 Jul 2013 23:46:44 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mb010273

Thanks for getting back to me, Barry. Appreciated.

I changed the HMI cable, but to no avail.

However, I noticed that when I turned the telly off to change the cable, and looked at the display on the Humax box, it wasn’t happening (it wasn’t circulating through all the channels). So not having the telly on appeared to make a difference.

So I’ve moved the Humax box further away from the telly (to the bottom shelf of the TV stand/unit). I was wondering if interference from the telly might be causing the problem (it’s a BIG telly).

I did this a couple of hours ago and all good so far.

It usually takes a while for the problem to start happening after a mains reboot. So I’ve not cracked open the champagne just yet.

I’ll report back in a few days!

| Sun 21 Jul 2013 15:00:20 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mb010273

Yes, that's definitely solved the problem.

If you get this problem, think about moving the Humax box further from the telly (and mains internet connector too probably).

Case closed!

| Wed 31 Jul 2013 21:32:53 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.