My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Custom Firmware channel edit issue

(32 posts)
  1. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

I have been using the CF for sometime and don't know what I would do without it now. It's so useful to the many options I choose to do. However one annoyance that I have found is this...When I edit the channel list and save it, everything is as I want it. Then overnight it gets updated and changes everything back. I don't always leave my HDR on overnight so it only happens on the occasion that I do, and I am wondering if there is a flag I haven't set.

| Fri 12 Apr 2013 8:33:17 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Partridge2

Hi - sounds odd and this should be seamless with the overnight housekeeping boot at 3am. The new channel editor (v0.5 upwards) stores a copy of changes to default channels, and applies these every day after the housekeeping boot.

Are you using the latest version of the channel editor plug-in (v0.53)?

BTW if you make any changes to the channel list using the Humax interface (like new manual tune) then you have to click "Import Data from Foxsat" before making changes. See here from the documentation:
    "If you have made changes to your channel configuration using the Foxsat HDR User Interface since the last housekeeping cycle and have not rebooted the device since making those changes you must first use the "Import Data from Foxsat" button to take a copy of the current running channel configuration in order that your changes can be applied on top of any changes you have made via the Foxsat user interface. Failure to do so will result in the changes made via the Foxsat User Interface being lost."

| Mon 15 Apr 2013 22:01:04 #2 |
  3. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

Thanks Partridge2, I'll check those things...

| Tue 16 Apr 2013 17:17:51 #3 |
  4. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

The channel-editor reports to be 0.53-1 so I assume that is the very latest. I just did an update to wedif, perhaps that might help,

| Wed 17 Apr 2013 15:25:23 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I rather think there is a mismatch somewhere and the channel editor database does not contain all the changes you want.
    I don't understand how this can happen (except with perhaps restoring the update file, while of course the database is unchanged).

I suggest you start again, First a freesat tune on the Foxsat, then "Clear all updates" on the channel editor, followed by "import data from Foxsat". I rather think the middle step is unnecessary but I wanted to make sure.

Now follow Partridge2's advice above and I rather think all will be fine.

Lastly can I ask if you could have restored the FOXSAT-HDR_channels_update.fcl file at any time?

| Wed 17 Apr 2013 15:57:21 #5 |
  6. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

OK, I will try this. As to the .fcl file....sometime ago I had a problem not getting the EPG. And someone went through a series of exercises with me, which didn't work and he then suggested some rather drastic measure, which did work, and so it's just possible that file was restored during that exercise. Since then it has all worked fine with the exception I mentioned.

| Thu 18 Apr 2013 7:53:00 #6 |
  7. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

I have now done as REPASSAC has suggested, and re-edited my channels from the web interface, and I will leave the unit on tonight and see what happens.

| Thu 18 Apr 2013 17:45:12 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

sloppyjoe - 3 hours ago  » 
    I have now done as REPASSAC has suggested, and re-edited my channels from the web interface, and I will leave the unit on tonight and see what happens.

Hope you have put the unit in standby for the night before 03:00.

| Thu 18 Apr 2013 21:21:04 #8 |
  9. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

I have...

| Thu 18 Apr 2013 22:05:36 #9 |
  10. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

I can report back that it didn't work I have all or at least it looks all the channels I had hidden.

| Fri 19 Apr 2013 7:28:36 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.