My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Dead HDR-1000S files recovery?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Furry

Hello,

I have just bought a HDR-1100S to replace an HDR-1000S which died just outside its 2 year warranty.

Can I recover my stuff (about 0.5TB) from the 1000S HDD somehow?

I tried attaching the HDD to the 1100S via USB but, while the 1100S could see the disk, and folders, it didn't see any programmes on there; I'm guessing that an internal disk doesn't store stuff in the same way that an external disk does.

I don't want to invalidate the warranty on the new box by replacing its disk with the old box's 3.5" HDD (though for all I know, the new box uses a 2.5" disk), even assuming that the new box would accept it (would it?), but if someone tells me that would work then I might do it.

TIA.

| Sun 12 Feb 2017 11:00:43 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi Welcome to our forum. No known way of recovering recordings (and almost certainly they won't play anyway due to the box specific encryption).

What were the symptoms of your box that died. If it would boot and not find any recordings, then there is a known issue with some boxes due to a component failure on the motheboard. Humax have a fixed price repair service (£26.00 including return to Humax) for this and posters who have had this repaired state all their recordings were intact.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/not-recording-no-hard-drive-hdr-1000s500gb/page/2#post-52816

| Sun 12 Feb 2017 11:36:42 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Furry

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

The 1000S's demise began with it freezing and being unresponsive to remote control, and then not powering up properly, sometimes restarting, and then eventually it wouldn't power up at all.

I tried replacing the external PSU during the time when it was at least powering up, but that didn't help; the problem appears to be with some part of the PCB (e.g. regulator), and I had a look for anything obvious but, without a circuit diagram etc., and nothing obviously melted or whatever, I decided to just buy a new box and maybe get the old one fixed in slower time (we were missing recording programmes).

I'm thinking that I will give Humax a call, now I know (thanks) that they do a fixed price repair service.

| Sun 12 Feb 2017 11:46:26 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Furry - 22 minutes ago  » 
    Hi, thanks for the quick reply.
    The 1000S's demise began with it freezing and being unresponsive to remote control, and then not powering up properly, sometimes restarting, and then eventually it wouldn't power up at all.
    I tried replacing the external PSU during the time when it was at least powering up, but that didn't help; the problem appears to be with some part of the PCB (e.g. regulator), and I had a look for anything obvious but, without a circuit diagram etc., and nothing obviously melted or whatever, I decided to just buy a new box and maybe get the old one fixed in slower time (we were missing recording programmes).
    I'm thinking that I will give Humax a call, now I know (thanks) that they do a fixed price repair service.

It only applies to the specific issue I mentioned. No harm in ringing though.

| Sun 12 Feb 2017 12:09:52 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Furry

It only applies to the specific issue I mentioned. No harm in ringing though.

Ah, ok; I'll see what they say.

| Sun 12 Feb 2017 12:58:34 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.