My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR-T1000 info

(37 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

buftyboy

Barry - 26 minutes ago  » 
    Welcome to the Forum buftyboy
    Thank you for your comments, a fair appraisal I think.

Thanks Barry,
    So are there any plans to bring the T1000 up to the HDR T2 status? I bought through John Lewis, as their returns are so simple, I am reluctant to return this, but I do want the T2 functionality, so if that is not the case I'll go back to the T2, and wait for youview to "catchup" no pun intended

As people have mentioned, their is so little information available on the web about this product, I though it only fair to give an honest review.

| Mon 30 Jul 2012 11:14:44 #31 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Your guess is as good as mine.

I believe they are looking at Edit channels, Favourites, and extending the search to the EPG as well.

| Mon 30 Jul 2012 11:19:28 #32 |
  3. gomezz

gomezz

special member

All valid points but just one small tip I can offer is that you can get directly to the HD channels in the EPG by keying 50<OK>.

| Mon 30 Jul 2012 11:24:59 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

buftyboy

gomezz - 2 hours ago  » 
    All valid points but just one small tip I can offer is that you can get directly to the HD channels in the EPG by keying 50<OK>.

Thanks, you are right, provided you know the numbers etc.
    On the T2, if you picked a SD channel that was in HD, it said, "click ok to watch in HD", so if my wife uses it, and doesn't realise, its just not so clear, and she is missing out on half the purpose of a HD freeview box.

Also on the T2, I arranged the EPG so that BBC1, and BBC1 HD etc were next to each other, along with the "plus 1" channels, so that was also easier.

I am sure these things will come in time for the T1000, but trying to get a none techy users such as your wife or "inlaws" to understand, is just impossible, and I think youview will loose some initial sales because of this.

I do hope the "youview" team adopt the Humax approach to UI.
    I hope they see from this forum people wants and wishes.

Seems a great forum though with lots of knowledgable people.

It will be interesting to see what the talk talk and Bt versions offer in terms off UI and features, or will they just be TT and BT branded boxes with the same youview UI?

Regards

| Mon 30 Jul 2012 13:56:54 #34 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I think YouView controls the UI.

| Mon 30 Jul 2012 14:02:20 #35 |
  6. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

buftyboy - 1 day ago  » 
    Hi all,
    I have this weekend just set up my DTR-T1000, having sold my HDR T2 to fund it.

I think selling the HDR T2 was a big mistake... Even though the YouView box looks like a HDR T2, it is not the same beast inside!

Also with talktalk I would get a free unit anyway, so I would be better, with a HDR T2, and a talktalk subscrition provided box, and still be finacially better off.

Richard

I don't think TalkTalk subscribers will get the Humax version of the YouView box. If this is the case, then I dread to think what that box would be like in terms of reliability and quality! (Ignoring the UI and other bits controlled by YouView.)

| Tue 31 Jul 2012 20:40:34 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

buftyboy

I have ended up retuning the youview box, it needs some development, and I want the features of the HDR T2,so I have again purchased a 1TB T2 which I am much happier with.

I have set the series record for all the things I like, and its much more reliable than the catch up method, plus I can network it to my PC and archive things I want to keep.

Son_t, you are right, the talktalk youview box is there own design, as will the BT version be, but as far as I can tell, the UI is the same, youview have created a UI for the various providers contract or pre-pay, but whether the hardwear is any good remains to bee seen.

All I know is the HDR T2 is a very good unit, and I am happy with that.
    Good luck youview and humax with the new venture.

| Wed 1 Aug 2012 8:27:19 #37 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.