My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR-T1000 software & CPU info

(21 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Shimmy - 10 mins ago  » 
    Thanks Barry, are these the tiny silver buttons?

Yes

Not sure how but it’s now working fine! Thanks for you support

Good news

| Sat 6 Mar 2021 10:51:07 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Shimmy

It was very strange, can you confirm if is the tiny silver buttons that control volume. I did attempt to press them but nothing seemed to happen but as I said suddenly it was okay. The controls on my later model Humax box are obvious.

| Sat 6 Mar 2021 11:00:41 #12 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Shimmy - 5 mins ago  » 
    It was very strange, can you confirm if is the tiny silver buttons that control volume. I did attempt to press them but nothing seemed to happen but as I said suddenly it was okay. The controls on my later model Humax box are obvious.

Yep, they are 'touch' controls.

| Sat 6 Mar 2021 11:06:47 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Shimmy

Never considered that at all, we live and learn. Thanks again Barry

| Sat 6 Mar 2021 11:28:29 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Shimmy

Hi

My Box is stuck on LOADING again and perhaps needs a reset but I cannot find a way to access the reset options

Regards

| Sun 21 Mar 2021 12:14:31 #15 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Have a look at this FAQ

| Sun 21 Mar 2021 14:44:52 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Shimmy

Hi

I have a DTR2100 that’s been fine until it suddenly was unable to connect to the internet, I have done the Factory resets but it did not help. I am guessing that a part in the box as just failed. It’s a problem I have never experienced before or read about and wonder if it’s more common than I thought. Obviously I also want to know if there is a fix

Thanks for looking

| Fri 29 Oct 2021 9:15:22 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Shimmy - 6 mins ago  » 
    Hi
    I have a DTR2100 that’s been fine until it suddenly was unable to connect to the internet, I have done the Factory resets but it did not help.

I don't know anything about the DTR2100 but it would be unusual for a network component to fail. Is this a wired connection or WiFi? Have you tried rebooting the router?

| Fri 29 Oct 2021 9:24:28 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Martin Liddle - 5 hours ago  » 

Shimmy - 6 mins ago  » 
    Is this a wired connection or WiFi?

No w-Fi on the DTR-T2100. The final connection has to be an Ethernet cable, though powerline adapters and Wi-Fi bridges are OK in addition to just an Ethernet cable.

Shimmy - 4 hours ago  » 
    Hi
    I have a DTR2100 that’s been fine until it suddenly was unable to connect to the internet, I have done the Factory resets but it did not help. I am guessing that a part in the box as just failed. It’s a problem I have never experienced before or read about and wonder if it’s more common than I thought. Obviously I also want to know if there is a fix
    Thanks for looking

Please could you supply more detail about what you have tried.

With the main youview reset, and a number of the resets within the maintenance menu, the box will reset your permission for youview to monitor everything you do. This permission needs to be re-provided with the box's internet connection working otherwise it is not possible to proceed any further to use the box at all.
    Either your software was over 4 years out of date or you haven't tried the resets. Not trying some of the resets is a very god thing if it has no access to the internet as you wouldn't be able to use the box at all after trying some of them.

A frequent check for when the youview boxes can't connect to the internet is to unplug the Ethernet cable from the youview box and check another device can use the connection.

If you are using powerline adapters then the issue could be with those. But before you start resetting those it may be easier to check the final Ethernet cable from the powerline adapter nearest the DTR-T2100 is OK first.

| Fri 29 Oct 2021 14:37:31 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Luke - 2 hours ago  » 
    A frequent check for when the youview boxes can't connect to the internet is to unplug the Ethernet cable from the youview box and check another device can use the connection.
    If you are using powerline adapters then the issue could be with those. But before you start resetting those it may be easier to check the final Ethernet cable from the powerline adapter nearest the DTR-T2100 is OK first.

I agree that both those suggestions are very sensible. Cable failure in my experience is much more likely than a failed ethernet component and if Powerlines are involved they do need rebooting occasionally.

| Fri 29 Oct 2021 17:03:25 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.