My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Enc symbol on BBC music radio station recordings

(19 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Bletologist - 16 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the comments. I don't remember having any problems with SD TV recordings in 2016 but this doesn't seem accidental as it's been applied to music channels only and not to speech channels. I think I'll just give up on the Humax to record radio music programmes. I certainly won't be complaining in case they start applying it to SD TV again.

There is no way that's going to happen. As Luke say's it's likely to be mistake. There is loads of alternative ways to download BBC Audio content.

| Sun 19 Aug 2018 22:40:00 #11 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

I have successfully recorded and ripped radio programmes from 6 Music snd R5SX over the past few days without running into any problems with encoding.

| Sun 19 Aug 2018 23:32:17 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bletologist

gomezz - 26 minutes ago  » 
    I have successfully recorded and ripped radio programmes from 6 Music snd R5SX over the past few days without running into any problems with encoding.

Just for interest, what were the 6Music programmes? I could try recording them to see if they come out encoded. Tonight's episode of Stuart Maconie's Freak Zone on the HDR-2000T was encoded, but last week's and previous episodes weren't.

| Mon 20 Aug 2018 0:08:26 #13 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Radcliffe and Maconie, 1-4pm weekday afternoons.

Edit: Ah! Just realised you are talking Freeview and this was on my Freesat box.

| Mon 20 Aug 2018 9:27:46 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bletologist

gomezz - 4 hours ago  » 
    Radcliffe and Maconie, 1-4pm weekday afternoons.
    Edit: Ah! Just realised you are talking Freeview and this was on my Freesat box.

It does seem to make a difference. I just recorded a 2 minute sample from todays' R & M and it does have the Enc symbol on it.

| Mon 20 Aug 2018 14:25:25 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

REPASSAC - 1 day ago  » 
    The broadcaster indicates this on the programme EPG data.
    If the flag is set the unit will encrypt it.

Err ... no.
    The HDR-2000T and HDR-FOX T2 will encrypt anything it is recording. All recordings are created encrypted.
    If the flag "is set" and is displayed (as "Enc") the HDR-2000T, and HDR-FOX T2,will not decrypt it on USB copy and will also impose additional restrictions when playing via their DLNA servers.

Bletologist - 15 hours ago  » 
    Just for interest, what were the 6Music programmes? I could try recording them to see if they come out encoded. Tonight's episode of Stuart Maconie's Freak Zone on the HDR-2000T was encoded, but last week's and previous episodes weren't.

All digital recordings are encoded regardless of where they came from or what made them.
    If by "encoded" you meant 'encrypted' the two are not the same, although all recordings made by the HDR-2000T and HDR-FOX T2 will also be encrypted when created.

The flag 'Enc' could be thought of as 'Encryption protected' to better reflect how the HDR-2000T and HDR-FOX T2 treats the flag.

| Mon 20 Aug 2018 15:59:11 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bletologist

Luke - 1 hour ago  » 

REPASSAC - 1 day ago  » 
    The broadcaster indicates this on the programme EPG data.
    If the flag is set the unit will encrypt it.

Err ... no.
    The HDR-2000T and HDR-FOX T2 will encrypt anything it is recording. All recordings are created encrypted.
    If the flag "is set" and is displayed (as "Enc") the HDR-2000T, and HDR-FOX T2,will not decrypt it on USB copy and will also impose additional restrictions when playing via their DLNA servers.

Bletologist - 15 hours ago  » 

All digital recordings are encoded regardless of where they came from or what made them.
    If by "encoded" you meant 'encrypted' the two are not the same, although all recordings made by the HDR-2000T and HDR-FOX T2 will also be encrypted when created.
    The flag 'Enc' could be thought of as 'Encryption protected' to better reflect how the HDR-2000T and HDR-FOX T2 treats the flag.

Sorry, I did indeed mean encrypted.

Is there any point installing Custom Firmware and trying Method 6* (recording decrypted by stream capture) as mentioned here

https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/using-fox-t2-recordings-with-plex-media-server.2003/#post-25775

| Mon 20 Aug 2018 17:41:57 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Bletologist - 24 minutes ago  » 
    Sorry, I did indeed mean encrypted.
    Is there any point installing Custom Firmware and trying Method 6* (recording decrypted by stream capture) as mentioned here
    https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/using-fox-t2-recordings-with-plex-media-server.2003/#post-25775

I would suggest popping over to hummy.tv and asking the question there as this Forum doesn't like discussion about removal of encryption.

| Mon 20 Aug 2018 18:07:59 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bletologist

Understandable. Thanks.

| Mon 20 Aug 2018 18:50:39 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.