My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Firmware V 3.00.18

(20 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

As an experiment just added a folder on my windows 10 PC to Windows Media Player. They play OK on my HDR1000S using the built in Windows DLNA server.

| Thu 17 Dec 2015 17:14:15 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

rosen213 - 22 hours ago  » 
    Video format is 1920x1080, mpeg4 16:9, plays in VLC player on the PC with black bars top/bottom with no issues
    Before the update it also played on the humax without stretching vertically
    One thing I have noticed that when I click to play the media on the Humax, if I quickly press pause once the screen displays, it holds the correct format with the black bars present, once I unpause it just stretches up, I know its in the Humax box that the issue is, as it plays fine while connected directly to the USB/HDD port of my Sammy tv.
    I only run it through the Humax as the HDMI is sent through my AV receiver for the surround sound etc that also works great with media.
    Still trying to sort this issue, but it looks like I will have to revert back to the last firmware version.
    cheers
    *update
    Just changed firmware back to version 2.02.46 and I have no stretching issue with the same media.

Just read your post again, I take it you do not have a PC display with a FULL-HD 1920 x 1080 screen. If you had there would not be black bars at all.

| Thu 17 Dec 2015 20:14:00 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

rosen213

grahamlthompson - 23 hours ago  » 

Video format is 1920x1080, mpeg4 16:9, plays in VLC player on the PC with black bars top/bottom with no issues
    One thing I have noticed that when I click to play the media on the Humax, if I quickly press pause once the screen displays, it holds the correct format with the black bars present, once I unpause it just stretches up, I know its in the Humax box that the issue is, as it plays fine while connected directly to the USB/HDD port of my Sammy tv.
    I only run it through the Humax as the HDMI is sent through my AV receiver for the surround sound etc that also works great with media.
    Still trying to sort this issue, but it looks like I will have to revert back to the last firmware version.
    cheers
    *update
    Just changed firmware back to version 2.02.46 and I have no stretching issue with the same media.

Just read your post again, I take it you do not have a PC display with a FULL-HD 1920 x 1080 screen. If you had there would not be black bars at all.

Hi, yeah I have 2 fullHD screens attached to my pc, maybe when I am converting the media to reduce file size, I am using the wrong settings, but I have never had issues with screen stretching before this latest update.

Here is the output from mediainfo

Bit rate : 24.5 Mbps
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0

Also after reverting back to the older firmware, my box has now decided to re-update to the latest again, do you know how to force stop that from happening without cutting the network connection?

thanks.

| Fri 18 Dec 2015 20:12:51 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

rosen213 - 1 hour ago  » 

cheers
    *update

Hi, yeah I have 2 fullHD screens attached to my pc, maybe when I am converting the media to reduce file size, I am using the wrong settings, but I have never had issues with screen stretching before this latest update.
    Also after reverting back to the older firmware, my box has now decided to re-update to the latest again, do you know how to force stop that from happening without cutting the network connection?
    thanks.

That looks like the same as many of my files that work OK. Freesat have a file that will revert without it getting overwritten. It's designed to solve HDMI connection issues.

Post in the HDCP not valid thread.

| Fri 18 Dec 2015 22:06:43 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

rosen213

grahamlthompson - 14 hours ago  » 

rosen213 - 1 hour ago  » 

cheers
    *update

thanks.

That looks like the same as many of my files that work OK. Freesat have a file that will revert without it getting overwritten. It's designed to solve HDMI connection issues.
    Post in the HDCP not valid thread.

Thanks for that, I have downloaded v3.00.20 and I still have the stretching problem, I am awaiting an email from freesat to see what they say about the issue, for now I will have to flash v2 firmware to watch things in the correct format, hopefully a fix will come along shortly, or I will be looking for a media player

thanks for your help

| Sat 19 Dec 2015 12:13:39 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JWW

Hi Fellow Sufferers,

HDR1000S streaming from a Synology NAS (DS114) hardwired via a Gig Switch and a Gig Router. I've never had any streaming issues until this update. I stream 720p and 1080p movies which are generally MP4 but occasionally MKV format. The HDR was, until today, running 3.00.19 which had obviously updated automatically. Suddenly the movies are scaling to fit the screen and nothing I could do could get them scaling correctly, i.e. black bars top and bottom. Occasionally if I twiddle with the TV (Bravia KDL-40EX713) scaling options I could get it to work briefly but no adjustment of the picture size in the HDR would have any effect whatsoever, whereas in the past it has.

I've 'upgraded' to 3.00.20 downloaded from Freesat and there is an improvement. TV is reset to factory settings as is the HDR. If I run a movie, initially the scaling is wrong but if I stop it and immediately replay it's scaled correctly. Stopping and playing another movie results in correct scaling also. So we seem to be half way there. As an aside though, 1080p's won't play reliably now whereas 720p's seem to be OK. Can't fathom that one as I'm hardwired and there shouldn't be anything causing a bottleneck.

Interested in your comments...

| Sun 20 Dec 2015 20:07:02 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JWW

P.S. By 'reliably' I mean 1080p's are stuttering occasionally where they didn't before.

| Mon 21 Dec 2015 1:01:48 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Paddington

Hello. I thought I would just drop in to note that this is still a problem for me. We use the te only function a lot to play files from the NAS so it's quite a big issue for us. Has anyone found a solution? Very frustrating that a great product has been hobbled like this.

| Fri 12 Feb 2016 11:13:17 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

rosen213

Paddington - 1 month ago  » 
    Hello. I thought I would just drop in to note that this is still a problem for me. We use the te only function a lot to play files from the NAS so it's quite a big issue for us. Has anyone found a solution? Very frustrating that a great product has been hobbled like this.

Hi,

No still a problem for us also, picture stretching to full screen, wrong ratio etc.. currently looking at a new bluray player that has the ability to read ntfs hdds/mkv files and other online streaming apps/utils etc

Just wish I could roll back to good working firware without it auto updating via lan (dont want to unplug lan btw)

| Mon 14 Mar 2016 19:20:05 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JWW

rosen213 - 6 months ago  » 

Paddington - 1 month ago  » 

Hi,
    No still a problem for us also, picture stretching to full screen, wrong ratio etc.. currently looking at a new bluray player that has the ability to read ntfs hdds/mkv files and other online streaming apps/utils etc
    Just wish I could roll back to good working firware without it auto updating via lan (dont want to unplug lan btw)

This problem seems to have got worse. All movies now stretch regardless. Did you have any luck finding a decent Blu-Ray to do the job?

| Thu 29 Sep 2016 13:50:08 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.