My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Foxsat HDR Signal Problem

(38 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Johnsat - 2 hours ago  » 
    When I try channel 999 on my Dish 3rd output/Goldman’s Reciever/Tv in other room, the TV shows an advert. about Freesat services,..is this what you would expect?
    I’m getting a bit lost now,...since when I connect my Foxsat unit instead of the Goodmans I am unable to insert a channel no.,....it reports no channels/no signal etc.

999 was removed very recently. You need to add the transponder using the current parameters found on transponder 115 here.

https://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

Note the now correct frequency.

11425.00 - This is because the SES Astra satellites do not have 11428 H in the frequency plan. It was found that this is close enough to 11428 so that the database plan on all boxes will still tune the home transponder.

Can you do a reset on the Goodmans box. If so you must have the home transponder. 999 will likely disappear as it was recently removed. But now appears on a G2 box as 999 Freesat.

Read this thread

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/freesat-home-transponder-info-channel-999

If you connect the Humax Freesat box to the Goodmans cable using tuner 1 in and the following what happens.

Menu Settings - STB Mode - Non Freesat - Right - Press OK. Left -Down To setup - Right Down one to manual tune - right - Transponder - All highlighted - OK again should give a list of transponders - press down to find 11426 H 27500 2/3 or similar due to rounding the frequency can vary slightly between different boxes.

Press OK and move to search you should see the result on the photo uploaded in the next post

| Fri 31 Jan 2020 17:05:54 #31 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Result of Manual Tune To Freesat Home Transponder using Foxsat-hdr

Attachments

1. Freesat-Home-On-Foxsat-Manual-Tune.jpg (115.1 KB, 0 downloads) 4 years old
    | Fri 31 Jan 2020 17:25:05 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Johnsat

I think I have resolved my problem to the coaxes from dish to Foxsat room....the reason as follows..moved Goldman’s to Freesat room and tried to operate but got no signal messages/no channels.;then put Goldman’s back to original room but with local coax cable from Freesat room and Goldman’s setup operates ok, ie still on third output from dish.

further thought,..I need to check Foxsat again in Goldman’s room,...last time it didn’t work, but I didn’t have Freesat loop lnb1out to lnb2in,.....expecting this to make a difference?!..maybe.

I will also follow up your suggestions.

| Fri 31 Jan 2020 18:08:26 #33 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Johnsat - 7 mins ago  » 
    I think I have resolved my problem to the coaxes from dish to Foxsat room....the reason as follows..moved Goldman’s to Freesat room and tried to operate but got no signal messages/no channels.;then put Goldman’s back to original room but with local coax cable from Freesat room and Goldman’s setup operates ok, ie still on third output from dish.
    further thought,..I need to check Foxsat again in Goldman’s room,...last time it didn’t work, but I didn’t have Freesat loop lnb1out to lnb2in,.....expecting this to make a difference?!..maybe.
    I will also follow up your suggestions.

You should be able to do the test above without a loop cable using one tuner with a single cable on tuner 1 in.

| Fri 31 Jan 2020 18:16:53 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Johnsat

Thanks for all your help!

I have made my further check...ie have moved Foxsat-HDR to Goldman’s room connected to third dish signal cable (normally used with Goldman’s receiver) and used a local coax from Freesat room and am able to setupFoxsat receiver ok!....therefore eliminates a Foxsat problem.

So I think I can assume fault is in coaxes from dish to Freesat room.

| Fri 31 Jan 2020 18:57:42 #35 |
  6. Trev

Trev

special member

I think your assumption is 100% correct.

| Fri 31 Jan 2020 19:25:00 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Johnsat

A big thank you to ALL who helped!......Success!.....as latter posts suggest/conclude problem found in a damaged coax cable near the dish, where it entered the house loft....too tight a bend in cable causing internal damage...faulty piece of coax cable cut out/back and reconnected to dish...all now ok!

| Wed 5 Feb 2020 17:23:47 #37 |
  8. Trev

Trev

special member

Result

| Wed 5 Feb 2020 20:33:52 #38 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.