My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Freesat auto tuning not working

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

brianald

I have just switched on my Foxsat tuner that I not used for many months. It only works on Manual tune mode. It cannot find any freesat channels. I have restored to factory settings and it still won't find Freesat channels. So I'm on the 5000 programme numbers and there is no HD other than channel 5. Can anyone offer any advice please?

| Sat 2 Nov 2019 17:59:35 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

brianald - 5 hours ago  » 
    I have just switched on my Foxsat tuner that I not used for many months. It only works on Manual tune mode. It cannot find any freesat channels. I have restored to factory settings and it still won't find Freesat channels. So I'm on the 5000 programme numbers and there is no HD other than channel 5. Can anyone offer any advice please?

You have lost access to the Freesat home transponder. 11427 H.

There is a number of possible reasons.

Your dish has moved

The lnb has failed

You have water in the coax cables.

Find this transponder in the manual tune drop down transponder list and report found signal strength and quality.

| Sat 2 Nov 2019 23:42:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

brianald

Thanks, I'll have a look tomorrow morning and report back

| Sun 3 Nov 2019 0:49:23 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

brianald

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I don't have that number transponder. I only have 11428 H and 11426 V as teh numbers either side of where it would be in the list

| Mon 4 Nov 2019 20:48:51 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

brianald - 6 mins ago  » 
    Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I don't have that number transponder. I only have 11428 H and 11426 V as teh numbers either side of where it would be in the list

11428 H is the one. The frequency shown on Humax boxes varies due to rounding. either is well within the range it will find the correct transponder.

| Mon 4 Nov 2019 20:57:07 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

brianald

I added transponder 11427, saved that and then searched for channels and the pop up menu says "no channels found". I assume I'll need to get an engineers to look at the satellite for one of the potential problems you mentioned.

Thanks for your suggestions.

| Tue 5 Nov 2019 16:56:20 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

brianald

What I neglected to mention is that I have a smart TV in another room fed off the same quad head from the same satellite and there are no issues with freesat receiving on that TV.
    Bearing this in mind it seems there may be a problem with the Foxsat box rather than the satellite feed to it. Would you agree?

| Tue 5 Nov 2019 17:08:26 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

brianald - 57 mins ago  » 
    I added transponder 11427, saved that and then searched for channels and the pop up menu says "no channels found". I assume I'll need to get an engineers to look at the satellite for one of the potential problems you mentioned.
    Thanks for your suggestions.

Did you add all the correct other details. The 11428 entry would have the correct details.

You should see the attached after a scan

You will need a long ladder for someone to look at the satellite. It's 23000 mls above the equator at 23.2 deg East (Over Central Africa)

Attachments

1. Freesat-Home-2.jpg (108 KB, 1 downloads) 4 years old
    | Tue 5 Nov 2019 17:59:17 #8 |
  9. Trev

Trev

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » It's 23000 mls above the equator at 23.2 deg East (Over Central Africa)

Even then you would be about 2,000 miles away, because the sat group is actually at 38.2E.

| Tue 5 Nov 2019 20:01:06 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Trev - 2 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » It's 23000 mls above the equator at 23.2 deg East (Over Central Africa)

Even then you would be about 2,000 miles away, because the sat group is actually at 38.2E.

Your typo is worse than mine :-). It's 28.2E

https://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html

| Tue 5 Nov 2019 22:15:08 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.