My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Fvp-4000t DLNA not working

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notsofastmatey

Just moved back to a Hummy after a few years with Windows Media Center. Happy memories of my 9200T! I've set up Plex on the media center PC and can stream fine from it on a laptop or phone, but the 4000t just shows the folder structure with no files (video, music or images). There are all kinds of formats, so you'd think something would work. Any ideas?

| Thu 22 Oct 2015 17:36:55 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notsofastmatey

Apologies, mod please move to the correct forum. First post!

| Thu 22 Oct 2015 17:38:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

camoscato

Same problem here. I can stream from the PC to the 4000t, but I can only see folders when I look at the PC from the 4000t.

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 13:45:55 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notsofastmatey

OK, I've solved this. May be useful to others! I have found media will stream from various servers, including the built in Windows 7 media streamer, Plex and the open source PS3 media streamer. I tried them all, tried power cycling the Humax, and finally realised that I was on "Photos" but was trying to play a video. D'oh! I've also been able to view photos and play music by being on the correct screen. I have to say that the Humax seems very fussy about file formats. Many of my photos and movies failed to play - "invalid file format".

| Tue 27 Oct 2015 10:44:51 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Thank you for the update, may be useful for others.

| Tue 27 Oct 2015 11:08:13 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notsofastmatey

Does anyone have information on which formats and codecs the 4000T will play? It's probably in the manual (which I've lost). I'm trying to put together a Plex profile so that invalid formats are transcoded.

| Wed 28 Oct 2015 12:56:23 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

camoscato

Notsofastmatey - 1 day ago  » ... finally realised that I was on "Photos" but was trying to play a video. D'oh!

Thanks for posting this, because I was doing the same thing.

Notsofastmatey - 32 minutes ago  » 
    Does anyone have information on which formats and codecs the 4000T will play? It's probably in the manual (which I've lost). I'm trying to put together a Plex profile so that invalid formats are transcoded.

The manual says:
    VIDEO: MP4, VOB, AVI, ASF, MKV, MPEG-2TS
    PHOTO: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
    MUSIC: MP3

As for codecs, it says "Certain files may not play depending on file formats or video and audio codec."

| Wed 28 Oct 2015 13:31:06 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.