My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Fvp 4000t shows next week’s programmes as recorded

(32 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pinkheart

SSthing....we checked for any new updates and haven’t had any since last June. Ta for the suggestion.

| Sat 13 Feb 2021 21:57:12 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pinkheart

SSthing....& Martin .....
    we checked for any new updates and haven’t had any since last June.

| Sat 13 Feb 2021 21:59:06 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pinkheart

Just realised it was A1944 who asked about date of last update......it was June 2020.

| Sat 13 Feb 2021 22:06:22 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

A1944 - 2 hours ago  » 

Martin Liddle - 25 mins ago  » 

SSThing - 2 hours ago  » 
    Could it be related/caused by the update rolling out?

I haven't received the update so I doubt that there is any link.

What is the date in your system info? See my last post in the YouTube thread.

12 June 2020 As I stated I haven't received the latest update.

| Sat 13 Feb 2021 22:41:01 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

A1944 - 2 hours ago  » 

SSThing - 2 hours ago  » 
    Could it be related/caused by the update rolling out?

I haven't received the update so I doubt that there is any link.

What is the date in your system info? See my last post in the YouTube thread.

12 June 2020 As I stated I haven't received the latest update.

Yes, that is fair enough Martin. I only asked because the date on mine is a month ago, not the last few days.

| Sat 13 Feb 2021 23:08:17 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Pinkheart - 3 days ago  » 
    HELP! recordings section suddenly showed 128 recordings instead of 80.
    deleted programmes had reappeared,
    It had programmes shown as recorded, but failed, FROM NEXT WEEK!
    Schedule shows no recordings for Sunday when there should be 2, 2 for Monday when it should be more.....but it also shows sundays date for Monday, some of Mondays programmes for Wednesday etc!

Can I go back to this problem please; do you remember what time you put the Humax into standby the previous day.

| Tue 16 Feb 2021 20:30:48 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pinkheart

Martin Liddle - 46 mins ago  » 

Pinkheart - 3 days ago  » 
    HELP! recordings section suddenly showed 128 recordings instead of 80.
    deleted programmes had reappeared,
    It had programmes shown as recorded, but failed, FROM NEXT WEEK!
    Schedule shows no recordings for Sunday when there should be 2, 2 for Monday when it should be more.....but it also shows sundays date for Monday, some of Mondays programmes for Wednesday etc!

Can I go back to this problem please; do you remember what time you put the Humax into standby the previous day.

It would’ve been about 11.15pm, on the Thursday. Put it back on at about 10am Friday morning & it stayed on, apart from about 3hrs mid afternoon, til the ‘incident’! It appeared after we’d watched a recording & went back to the main recordings page. Everything was fine before that. (Except for the missing channels)

| Tue 16 Feb 2021 21:21:25 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Pinkheart - 1 hour ago  » 
    It would’ve been about 11.15pm, on the Thursday. Put it back on at about 10am Friday morning & it stayed on, apart from about 3hrs mid afternoon, til the ‘incident’! It appeared after we’d watched a recording & went back to the main recordings page.

Any idea roughly what time the incident occurred?

| Tue 16 Feb 2021 22:29:44 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pinkheart

Martin Liddle - 17 hours ago  » 

It would’ve been about 11.15pm, on the Thursday. Put it back on at about 10am Friday morning & it stayed on, apart from about 3hrs mid afternoon, til the ‘incident’! It appeared after we’d watched a recording & went back to the main recordings page.

Think it must’ve been around 12.30am (Friday night/Saturday morning) I think. At least that’s roughly when we finished watching a programme & went back to the recording’s page. 50 mins before, all had been fine.

Btw, out of interest, we now have a new aerial and channels are all back....but bbc stations seem to be pixelated, mildly though, and are stopping for a split second before continuing. Any ideas what might be causing it. Other channels might be affected....poss ch4 but not sure. Thanks!

| Wed 17 Feb 2021 16:12:27 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Martin Liddle - 17 hours ago  » 

Think it must’ve been around 12.30am (Friday night/Saturday morning) I think. At least that’s roughly when we finished watching a programme & went back to the recording’s page. 50 mins before, all had been fine.

OK I was watching something until about 1am so similar times. I just wonder whether when the date rolled over at midnight something happened to confuse the box about what the date was. By the morning everything was working properly again but the Humax was suffering from a problem that the software designers had imagined. All speculation though.

Btw, out of interest, we now have a new aerial and channels are all back....but bbc stations seem to be pixelated, mildly though, and are stopping for a split second before continuing. Any ideas what might be causing it. Other channels might be affected....poss ch4 but not sure. Thanks!

What is the signal strength and quality as reported by the Humax when you are watching live TV through the box on one of the affected channels. The other thing to check is that the aerial lead is separated as far as possible from the HDMI lead. I wasted a lot of time fiddling around with signal strength because of blips in the picture only to discover that carpet fitters had moved the TV and managed to tangle together all my carefully separated leads. Separating aerial and HDMI lead fixed that problem.

| Wed 17 Feb 2021 17:25:47 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.