My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP-5000T - Channel Group Problem

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

HughA

My FVP-5000T keeps losing its channel group setting. It keeps setting itself to HD mode. I change it back to TV mode and all the channels show in the EPG, but next time I look at EPG it has changed back to HD channels only. I had this same problem a year ago and HUMAX replaced my unit with a new one which has been fine until the last few days.
    Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution? I have tried rebooting without any success. I'm reluctant to try resetting to factory settings in case I lose my recordings.

| Mon 29 Oct 2018 19:49:02 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I had that for a while the reset sorted it out. You won't lose your existing recordings if you avoid the option that formats your hard disk. You will need to re-enter the recording schedule so take photos of this with a digital camera or smart phone.

| Mon 29 Oct 2018 19:52:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I have a recollection reading somewhere on here of a method to lock the group that you want to use. I have a favourites group which I call "Main", but every time I go to the EPG it has reverted to TV.

Does anyone remember this method and would it help HughA?

| Mon 29 Oct 2018 20:06:44 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

HughA

Thanks Graham, I'll give it a try.

| Mon 29 Oct 2018 20:19:46 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

HughA

Reset to factory settings solved the problem. Lets hope it doesnt happen again for another year!

| Tue 30 Oct 2018 15:53:06 #5 |
  6. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

A1944 - 2 days ago  » 
    I have a recollection reading somewhere on here of a method to lock the group that you want to use. I have a favourites group which I call "Main", but every time I go to the EPG it has reverted to TV.

I think this was what fixed it for me. The EPG always stays in my Favourites group unless I deliberately change it. I then do this to make it 'sticky' again.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/how-to-make-favourites-sticky-1

| Thu 1 Nov 2018 18:07:04 #6 |
  7. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

HughA - 2 days ago  » 
    My FVP-5000T keeps losing its channel group setting. It keeps setting itself to HD mode. I change it back to TV mode and all the channels show in the EPG, but next time I look at EPG it has changed back to HD channels only. I had this same problem a year ago and HUMAX replaced my unit with a new one which has been fine until the last few days.
    Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution? I have tried rebooting without any success. I'm reluctant to try resetting to factory settings in case I lose my recordings.

This earlier thread may shed some light on the problem.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/all-sd-channels-missing-but-they-come-back

| Thu 1 Nov 2018 18:19:39 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Stephenesque - 1 hour ago  » 

A1944 - 2 days ago  » 

I think this was what fixed it for me. The EPG always stays in my Favourites group unless I deliberately change it. I then do this to make it 'sticky' again.
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/how-to-make-favourites-sticky-1

Yes that looks like what I was thinking about, though I think the last time I tried to do it I couldn't make it work. I must try again, maybe I did something wrong.

Has anyone else tried it and failed?

| Thu 1 Nov 2018 19:47:08 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I find to lock into my 'Favourite 1' Group I have to select the desired group, then select the channel I want to view from that group, then press OK/Enter to change to that channel then press OK/Enter again to fix it.

The only way mine will jump out of 'Favourite 1' is if I select a channel that isn't in that group by entering the channel number manually.

| Thu 1 Nov 2018 20:24:42 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.