My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP5000T search does not find program

(32 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

timpars

Using the search option does not find a program that is available. Using the skip to date feature enables the program to be located. Note that the program is only one day forward.

| Mon 28 Sep 2020 13:18:44 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You are searching for a recording not yet made or not yet available on catch up.

If you display the recording schedule you should see it as a scheduled event if you have set it to be recorded as a one off event or from a ongoing series recording reservation.

After you actually have the recording a search should find it.

Eg I have tipping point on ITV-HD scheduled to start in 3 hrs. Because I have already deleted all previous tipping point recordings it finds nothing

There is no epg search just genre filters.

| Mon 28 Sep 2020 13:44:20 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

timpars

I perhaps have not explained my problem sufficiently well. I am trying to set a schedule for a program which is to be shown tomorrow. Using the search facility by pressing the magnifying glass button and spelling out the program name. Surely this should find upcoming programs that can then be set to record?

| Mon 28 Sep 2020 13:58:58 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

timpars - 2 mins ago  » 
    I perhaps have not explained my problem sufficiently well. I am trying to set a schedule for a program which is to be shown tomorrow. Using the search facility by pressing the magnifying glass button and spelling out the program name. Surely this should find upcoming programs that can then be set to record?

The search button is not an epg search it searches existing recordings on your box and internet delivered catch up sources for a specific programme name.

To add this to your recording schedule locate it in the epg and press OK. Follow the prompts to record all episodes in the series or just the one.

Once you have added this to your recording schedule.

Press the recordings button. Programme shows all programmes you have already recorded on your hard disk.

Choose the Schedule option to see all programmes you have set to record. The one you have added for tomorrow will be shown.

You can't search for a particular programme. If you press the + button there are some options to filter the view you have of the epg plus a jump to date option. All shows you upcoming programmes. You can set a recording from here. The Genre all shows 500 programmes in the 7 day epg.

| Mon 28 Sep 2020 14:12:50 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you want to look for a particular programme use the Freeview epg search capability on a PC

https://www.freeview.co.uk/tv-guide

| Mon 28 Sep 2020 14:17:32 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

timpars

Ok then so why is it that some searches bring up future showings of programs which can then be set to record? I'm just trying to understand.

| Mon 28 Sep 2020 14:19:51 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

If you press the "looking glass" (search) button and enter a word/name etc it should search your stored recordings, the catchup/on-demand services and the EPG for any future broadcasts.

| Mon 28 Sep 2020 14:26:32 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

timpars - 1 min ago  » 
    Ok then so why is it that some searches bring up future showings of programs which can then be set to record? I'm just trying to understand.

Can you give an example ? The epg only has data for the next 7 days so you cannot add a new programme beyond that date unless you set a series recording from within the 7 day reach that picks up programme and series recording codes that makes the whole system work (CRID - content reference identifiers). If you press the FVP button and select top picks you may find content beyond the epg reach but's that because the crid's are known.

| Mon 28 Sep 2020 14:27:32 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I have just tried an experiment. Currently the last entry in the Freeview epg on BBC1-HD is Tuesday 6th October at 00:00. Have I got news for you.

Searching for this now. And it finds nothing. I just elected to record this series. It's the start of a series of 10 programmes. If I press recordings and select the recording in the schedule option I have just one scheduled recording on 05 OCT. The rest wont appear until they get into the epg 7 day reach

| Mon 28 Sep 2020 14:39:25 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

SSThing - 13 mins ago  » 
    If you press the "looking glass" (search) button and enter a word/name etc it should search your stored recordings, the catchup/on-demand services and the EPG for any future broadcasts.

It doesn't find any future broadcasts. See https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/fvp5000t-search-does-not-find-program?quote=79955#postform

locate a programme a few days away in the epg that is not yet set to record. See if you can find it. The search returns no entries.

| Mon 28 Sep 2020 14:41:24 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.