My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Green Screen of Death......

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Condor

Hi all, hoping to get some help from Hummy experts here....I bought our Humax Fox T2 HDR around March / April 2011 and it worked perfectly with our new HD TV, an LG. Until today, that is. The Green Screen of Death suddenly emerged. I just couldn't get rid of it, despite switching TV and Hummy off and on again. Eventually, a few times after repeating this procedure, it went away and is ok now. The Hummy is running the latest software. What causes this problem and is there any cure for it? I've read all sorts on the web ranging from easy fixes to getting new T2s!!

| Sun 9 Oct 2011 21:25:37 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Somebody over on DigitalSpy had exactly this problem with an LG TV and fixed it by upgrading the TV firmware. Might be worth checking if there is a firmware update for your TV.

| Sun 9 Oct 2011 21:55:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Condor

Thanks for that - will check.

| Mon 10 Oct 2011 13:02:15 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Condor

TV software is fully up to date and Humax running latest version of its software - was seamless until this weekend. Anything else I should try? I do currently have a normal picture, but have noticed the green screen flash when the box is syncing with the tv.

| Mon 10 Oct 2011 17:30:02 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Condor - 1 hour ago  » 
    but have noticed the green screen flash when the box is syncing with the tv.

I think that is normal; certainly we see it from time to time.

| Mon 10 Oct 2011 18:36:30 #5 |
  6. Wallace

Wallace

special member

I do too. I also get a screen of 'snow' for 1 - 2 seconds which is most annoying. It does, however, usually sync up OK.

| Mon 10 Oct 2011 18:41:54 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I am a HDR user and I used to get a green flash when changing channels. Since changing to 1080i output (rather than auto) all is fine.
    I surpose it depends on who you want to upscale.

| Mon 10 Oct 2011 19:03:53 #7 |
  8. Wallace

Wallace

special member

I am already set to 1080i, I don't get the green screen or 'snow' when changing channels. Just when I initially switch the TV to the HDMI input of the Hummy.

| Mon 10 Oct 2011 21:16:37 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Condor

Yes, its just initially when I change to the HDMI input. Never noticed it before. Hope it syncs ok from now on as that green screen was a complete pain - had me in a bit of a panic when I thought the expensive HDR had gone faulty on me esp as I had no idea where the receipt was!! Would it help if I buy a better quality HDMI cable?

| Mon 10 Oct 2011 22:04:18 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Condor - 10 hours ago  » 
    Would it help if I buy a better quality HDMI cable?

Very doubtfull, I would not worry about it. Establishing hdcp handshake takes a second or two. The two boxes have to exchange data, it's during this period you get the green screen.

| Tue 11 Oct 2011 8:30:02 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.