My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Green Screen Saga

(1 post)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

k64

Was "Green screen when TV powered on".

I have two Humax HDR Fox T2s, the older one is no problem at all, the newer 2-yr-old developed a disk problem which was recently fixed after downloading custom firmware v3.03. This immediately brought another problem to the fore:

We normally leave the Humax on and put the TV into Standby at the end of the day. When we bring the TV out of standby we now get a silent green screen and, for the first few days, had to:

(A) Power the Humax Off and On (via the switch on the back).

Then things took a turn for the worse when A no longer worked. After much trial an error I found success by:

(B) Put Humax into Standby (using remote); Change TV to another source; Change TV back to this Humax as source; Bring Humax out of Standby (using remote)
    This worked for a couple of days, when A & B both failed, tried

(C) Cycle through V-Format;

(D) Change TV source back & forth;

(E) Swapping HDMI cable to another port on TV didn't work but when reverted to original port all was OK!

(F) Different HDMI cable

(G) Different HDMI socket

The older Humax HDR Fox T2 running firmware 1.03.12 continues to work perfectly with any HDMI cable in any HDMI socket so I:

(H) Downloaded firmware 1.03.12 and loaded it into the newer Humax. N.B. During the several minutes while the firmware is loading, there is NO Green Screen, the info is displayed normally.

Then I discovered that: Humax into standby, TV to standby, TV on, Humax on, got the green screen every time. BUT...

(J) Humax into Standby, TV to Standby, WAIT for 'click' of Humax disk to power-down, TV On, Humax On... NO GREEN SCREEN!

Everything was OK for about 5 weeks, then the green screen reappeared, I tried most of the above but no success. We used the older box for the evening then, just about to put everything into standby, I switched the TV to the newer box and it was working OK! HDRs into standby, TV into standby, off to bed.

Next evening... same again: I can't rid the newer box of the green screen, tried all of A thru H and J above. Used the older Humax again.

Next day I try something new:

(K) Humax into Standby; Humax Power Off; TV into Standby; Power everything off at the wall socket; Wait until LED on TV goes out (~2min.). Power On at wall socket (i.e. TV into Standby); TV On (get “Check Signal Cables” message); Humax On (START SYSTEM on display, then the time, TV message changes to “No Signal”); Humax On (stable picture!)

Today that lengthy procedure K has worked OK twice, but what can I try when that stops working?

What causes the Green Screens?

How can I eliminate them?

I would happily dump the newer Humax and revert to using the older one but we have many hours of recordings we wish to see.

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 20:55:52 #1 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.