My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Hard drive issues

(622 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Just to add.

forgot to mention you also need to carefully remove Hard drive outer case to locate the SATA circuit board. ONLY do this job if you are confident.

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 16:41:13 #361 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChrisLux

Any idea's to solve this problem are very welcome, when this first happened to me I took out the original 1TB drive and put in a 500BG drive the Humax recognised it and formatted it and I was able to record to it and then it stopped working the same as the first drive so I'm not convinced it is a hard drive problem, I could keep buying new hard drive every week and I'm sure they would all stop working due to whatever is the unknown problem in these boxes, still cleaning the SATA circuit board is still worth a shot and I'll give it a go as well.

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 18:26:41 #362 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChrisLux

I took out the hard drive and removed the SATA circuit board and cleaned the contacts, after reinstalling it and turning the Humax back on I have to report there wasn't any change, Storage showed it had not detected the hard drive once again, so I had the idea to remove it again and put it in my USB caddy and then reconnected it to the USB port on the Humax, on checking USB Storage it did show my hard drive telling me the following:Available Size 790.5GB, Used Size 141.1GB, Total 931.5GB and 15% of Space used, there was also the option to format if I wanted, I then looked in Home> Video and it showed me a folder called Dev 00_00 which had 2 folders inside it called dvbepg and fsatcontentsxml, I have to come to the conclusion the fault is with the Humax box.

| Sun 31 Jul 2016 8:25:08 #363 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Chrislux,

It was worth a try. It worked for me & not had problem since. The only problem I have from time to time is the server not connectng to internet for on demand. Had this a few days ago & now ok. Certainly not very reliable machines. Humax/Freesat if you are reading this, PLEASE invest more time into updating software BUGS & listening to customers.

| Sun 31 Jul 2016 9:53:01 #364 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Billibob

Barry - 4 days ago  » 

Pollensa1946 - 1 day ago  » 
    Here in this forum we were told that Humax were actively investigating, with a number of boxes returned to Korea for analysis. albeit they were reported as working on arrival there. A fix was outlooked for end-May.
    What is the Humax position now? Are they taking a position of out of warranty fails? Are they still pursuing an understanding of the fail?
    I have no direct interest in this since my 4 year-old box is fortunately working, but should it fail I am keenly interested as the question... do I repair with a new disk or do I even consider a buy of another Humax box ...then arises.
    Any update Barry?

I recently asked for an update on this problem, however the news is much the same, not surprising as debugging the problem is proving to be difficult.
    Investigations continue, the issue is certainly not being ignored and is a top priority for Humax.

If my assumption is correct and the problem is due to an interaction between the firmware and Freesat via the app no amount of testing in Korea, where the I assume Freesat is not available will reveal the solution.

| Tue 2 Aug 2016 22:10:04 #365 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChrisLux

I'm not sure if it matters what country the box is in, you can start it up without any network or satellite connection which I have just tried with mine, it says no signal of course but I can still access the Settings menu and go to Storage where it tells me there is no hard drive connected so even in South Korea they should see this and be able to do some tests...as for a solution well who knows...

| Wed 3 Aug 2016 9:11:45 #366 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Billibob

ChrisLux - 38 minutes ago  » 
    I'm not sure if it matters what country the box is in, you can start it up without any network or satellite connection which I have just tried with mine, it says no signal of course but I can still access the Settings menu and go to Storage where it tells me there is no hard drive connected so even in South Korea they should see this and be able to do some tests...as for a solution well who knows...

Probably true but this fault has a nasty habit of disappearing. My impression is that a scheduled recording set via the app can disrupt the firmware, if series linked this schedule could be active for weeks or months. Once the schedule has elapsed and the unit is restarted the fault is resolved. Not stating this as fact just a thought.

| Wed 3 Aug 2016 9:56:11 #367 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Billibob - 1 hour ago  » 

Probably true but this fault has a nasty habit of disappearing. My impression is that a scheduled recording set via the app can disrupt the firmware, if series linked this schedule could be active for weeks or months. Once the schedule has elapsed and the unit is restarted the fault is resolved. Not stating this as fact just a thought.

Series links auto delete after not being used for 13 weeks.

| Wed 3 Aug 2016 10:57:01 #368 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I was for some years the quality manager on a high volume PC manufacturing line. So have been down this route several times. When shipping boxes to the development site failed to turn up a solution it was always the case that the company would fly in an engineer to conduct an investigation in the environment where the fault occurred. The brief would be to stay there until the fault was identified. It concentrated the mind wonderfully well. After 6 months of complaints if Humax have not done this then they cannot claim to be taking this seriously.

| Wed 3 Aug 2016 11:13:08 #369 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Billibob

grahamlthompson - 11 minutes ago  » 

Billibob - 1 hour ago  » 

Series links auto delete after not being used for 13 weeks.

So 3 months unless the series runs longer than that. Do schedules also auto delete from your login page on the Freesat website? The reason I ask is that a few weeks after I had the fault develop on a HDR1000 I paired the same Freesat account with a new HDR1010 which immediately inherited the identicle fault.

| Wed 3 Aug 2016 11:26:00 #370 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.