My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Has android Live TV app gone?

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

geoffcc

Could not get the Live TV app to send recordings to my FVP5000t, although it had been working. In desperation thought that I would remove the Live TV app from my phone and then reload it. However, now cannot find it on Google Play. Is it still supported?

| Thu 30 Dec 2021 12:23:10 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Humax chat have just told me that it should still be there but that they can't see it either, so they are now investigating.

| Thu 30 Dec 2021 12:36:20 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

geoffcc

Thanks. I thought it should be there somewhere

| Thu 30 Dec 2021 12:41:05 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnGB

I cannot see any of the Humax apps for the FVP-5000T (live TV, Media player, Remote, Guide). The apps are still advertised on the Humax Web page as a current product so Humax must still be supporting them. It would be quite deceptive if not. In the end I installed a virus checker and got the Live TV app from a third party website. Versión: HMALGP-2.0.7. Been OK so far but I cannot guarantee safety.

https://apkfab.com/humax-live-tv-for-phone/com.humaxdigital.mobile.livetvphone/download?sha1=9a589658c2b0e679f7917ad3da8b3d880f16df6b

| Thu 6 Jan 2022 2:21:06 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

geoffcc

Thanks for that. I have loaded the Live TV app, but the remote recording won't work for me. It won't work from my Laptop using MyHumax either. I think remote recording works from a Humax server and it is this that is not working. Have Humax given up on the FVP5000 / FVP4000 products now I wonder? Contacted Humax support before Christmas. Still no reply.

| Thu 6 Jan 2022 13:41:32 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

pigolato

I contacted Humax support about the failed remote recording:

"I used to be able to remotely set a recording on my FVP4000T set top box, using the iOS app “Humax TV Guide”.
    Recently this has stopped working. I have tried deleting the box in my account, and adding it again, but no success.
    Is there a problem with remote recording server at Humax?"

and got this reply:

"Thank you for contacting Humax, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with your Humax equipment. Unfortunately from the new IOS update a few months ago, the App has not be available, Humax are doing all they can to resolve the issue, though still currently down at the moment. "

So no admission of a problem with the server at Humax.

| Fri 7 Jan 2022 10:15:59 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

geoffcc

I don't know that Humax use a server to send remote recording information, but I would guess that this is how it is done.

Is remote recording not working for all other users of the FVP boxes, or just some? I know my Windows laptop and android app can't use remote recording, but I wonder if the IOS app is also not working?

I Wondered about deleting my Humax account and re-registering to see if that would work, but not sure how to do that

| Fri 7 Jan 2022 11:21:48 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

madlec

I contacted Humax support 2 years ago about the Live TV app not working properly for recordings playback since the last update in 2018. Apparently it was being worked on, but now the apps for the FVP4000/5000T have gone from Play store, I don't hold out much hope. Although the 5000T is still being sold, I have a feeling Humax are trying to retire it.

| Sun 9 Jan 2022 22:35:05 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

geoffcc

I think Humax might be putting all their effort into the aura product. The market for PVRs is shrinking because of on demand streaming, though I still prefer a PVR. I guess Humax could be feeling the pinch.

I was considering getting the aura when I get a 4K TV (my old plasma refuses to die), but how long will they support that? I can't believe that a fix for remote recording can be that hard - from the forums, the aura seems to be working for remote recording, and surely it will not be that different?

| Mon 10 Jan 2022 10:55:38 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnGB

I contacted Humax via chat. They were very helpful indeed and provided a personal support ticket number for the issue of the missing apps from the Google Play Store. I will follow this up with Humax and report back. Humax support advised that the apps are now back available on the Apple App Store, and this looks correct from the website.
    https://apps.apple.com/gb/developer/humax/id518565396
    I cannot confirm download as I do not have an Apple product.
    The Apps are still missing from Google Play.

| Fri 28 Jan 2022 12:29:54 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.