My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1000s issues of concern

(59 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blueberryman

I've had my 1000S 1TB for a couple of days now.
    Sorry if this has been reported already, but has anyone else found that doing a Non-Freesat scan causes all your planned recordings to get wiped out ? Have a vague recollection that the old HDR did this when it first came out, but it got fixed.

| Thu 8 Nov 2012 8:11:31 #51 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Yes, that also happens on my 1000S - Doing a freesat scan also does this (You are warned on screen in the latter case).

| Thu 8 Nov 2012 8:46:43 #52 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blueberryman

Thanks Repassac. Hopefully it will get resolved at the first firmware upgrade.

| Thu 8 Nov 2012 9:13:01 #53 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Andrew C-H

REPASSAC - 3 hours ago  » 
    Yes, that also happens on my 1000S - Doing a freesat scan also does this (You are warned on screen in the latter case).

I too, fell foul of this quirk of the box. How do Humax get to hear of these issues? Is there a central bug log somewhere?

| Thu 8 Nov 2012 12:45:47 #54 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

c-h - 7 minutes ago  » 

REPASSAC - 3 hours ago  » 

I too, fell foul of this quirk of the box. How do Humax get to hear of these issues? Is there a central bug log somewhere?

I believe they follow this forum as well as AV and DS.

| Thu 8 Nov 2012 12:55:46 #55 |
  6. John the Met

John the Met

I don’t have any answers to the Humax iPlayer download buffering problem but I have the following observations.

The following points are made with the advantage of a direct comparison with my Humax HDR FOX T2 which co-located with my HDR 1000S 1TB. The HDR FOX T2 is fed from my Plusnet Internet Router via Cat 5 Ethernet cable. My Plusnet connection provides me with a download speed of approximately 4900kbps, well in excess of the iPlayer threshold for ‘HD’ video display of 3500kbps. My HDR FOX T2 streams iPlayer HD content without problem but this is certainly not the case with my HDR 1000S 1TB.
    a. BBC iPlayer HD content using the HDR 1000S 1TB is unwatchable because of continual ‘buffering’.
    b. When the transition from HD to SD is made there is a short period when the ‘buffering cycle’ period extends and the image and sound displayed settles down to a normal format.
    c. As stated earlier, this phenomena is peculiar to my HDR 1000S 1TB and as the up-stream infrastructure is shared with my HDR FOX T2 I believe that the fault lays within the HDR 1000S 1TB.

3. The next problem is manifest when using BBC Text especially when displaying the weather forecast information.
    a. All appears well until you select the option that requires the whole of the screen to be populated with text and graphics. At this point the sound stutters and then becomes mute. If you leave the display in this mode an ‘error’ message appears in the top centre of the screen. This message states “Audio/Video decoding buffer is underrun.”

I have two other Humax products other than my HDR 1000S 1TB a HDR FOX T2 and FOXSAT HDR, both of these breeze through this task faultlessly so once again the fault is with the HDR 1000S 1TB.

May I proffer a suggestion?
    I wonder if the two faults aren’t inter-related and it is all down to data transfer and buffering within the HDR 1000S 1TB, a fault that can be fixed with a firmware update?

If this is the case I wonder why this fault wasn’t picked during bench testing or was this curtailed so that the HDR 1000S 1TB could hit the Christmas market. Of course, Humax also has the new Freeview YouView to sort and maybe their resources are being spread too thinly.

| Sun 2 Dec 2012 23:13:51 #56 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I do beieve that the on demand internet sources are different between the Humax models.

Youview software is maintained by YouView (the whole of the UI and more). Humax only maintain the hardware interface layer.

| Mon 3 Dec 2012 9:06:12 #57 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Grandad_Tony

I AM MISSING SCHEDULED RECORDINGS on my Humax HDR-1000S

I have discovered that the box is in a ‘frozen’ state with the hard drive spinning continuously and neither the power button or the remote control has any effect. It is necessary to remove the power source and restart the box. Recordings expected did not take place when this occasional condition occurs.

I am the proud owner of both Humax Foxsat HD and Foxsat HDPVR boxes (since day of release) and these are still operational in other room locations.

I have a 52Mbps internet feed (BT Infinity) and the entire house is supported by a hard wired gigabyte LAN with Cat6 cabling.

Streaming iPlayer with an HD selection on TV, Foxsat HD PVR and HDR-1000S simultaneously is OK with no buffering or stutter.

Within the HDR-1000S combination is a Samsung UE37ES6300 LED HD 1080p 3D Smart TV, 37 Inch with Freeview/Freesat HD
    and a Samsung BD-E6100 Blu-ray 3D Player

Need help with the box freezing..... anyone any ideas please

'Newbie' Grandad Tony

| Mon 3 Dec 2012 10:48:02 #58 |
  9. John the Met

John the Met

Good Day Grandad Tony
    I have just experienced something similar to you with regard to the lack of response of my HDR1000S to commands from my Humax remote control.
    I isolated my machine from the mains and watched the LED mains indicator light fade so I thought it safe to reconnect my PVR back to the mains supply. Upon power-up things were a little better but not back to what I have become to expect as normal.
    I isolated my PVR again but left it disconnected for about 15 minutes. I left my PVR disconnected for this length of time because I think that the smoothing capacitors in the mains unit take a while to dump so the volatile RAM in the PVR isn't cleared of its "corrupted" files.
    The result is that my 1000S is now performing normally; until the next time!
    Of course it begs the question, "Why do our machines lock-up/crash in the first place?"
    No doubt another idiosyncrasy of the firmware with which we are all struggling.

| Wed 26 Dec 2012 0:05:44 #59 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.