My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000S not seeing 2nd cable

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

chuffer

Hi, I'm a newbie but have read a little on this forum about this subject but not found a solution which I can implement. I've run the box with one cable for a couple of weeks successfully. I've just added another cable and in the Signal Strength screen, the box says it is seeing only one cable, even though it is occasionally showing light blue bars on both input channels. When both blue bars are on max, only Input 1 says GOOD and shows a tick. I have swapped cables and the situation is the same so I know I have two good cables, connectors and the LNB is ok.
    I can record and watch another channel so I thought it was ok until I realised the number of channels I could watch is restricted - I understand this is normal for this box with one input - I'm used to Sky so was fooled by this at first!

I have read here that a Factory Reset might be required in order to get the box to see the second cable. Is that right? Unfortunately I have just bought this box second hand and when I try to do a Reset, it asks me for a PIN, which I don't have. Is there another way round this please?
    Thanks for your patience.

| Fri 8 May 2015 14:31:26 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Welcome to our forum.

Yes you have to do a reset. Default PIN is 0000 (four zeros, unless the previous owner changed it. . Make a note of your recording schedule first as you will have to re-enter these. If you have a lot use a digital camera to photograph them. If 0000 doesn't work post again for advice as to how reset the pin.

| Fri 8 May 2015 14:43:47 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

chuffer

Many thanks Graham. It worked! I had scanned the User Manual for any reference to a default PIN but found none. I tried 1234 but maybe if I'd thought about it, I may have come up with 0000. But I didn't, so your help was invaluable. Thanks for the tip about taking a photo.

| Fri 8 May 2015 15:45:00 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

chuffer - 1 minute ago  » 
    Many thanks Graham. It worked! I had scanned the User Manual for any reference to a default PIN but found none. I tried 1234 but maybe if I'd thought about it, I may have come up with 0000. But I didn't, so your help was invaluable. Thanks for the tip about taking a photo.

Good News I take it your box now confirms two cables are connected ?

| Fri 8 May 2015 15:46:59 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

chuffer

Yes it does. And all four Signal Strength/Quality blue lines are at max and saying Good with a tick. I've also recorded and been able to watch any channel without restriction, so I think it's sorted
    Thanks again

| Fri 8 May 2015 15:51:28 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.