My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000s box Freesat: no sound!

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

danielgw1

I bought this box 2 months ago and the current issue is no sound on our TV when we turn on the TV and Humax box from standby. It happens almost every time and although we resolve this it is sometimes hours later without there appearing to be any pattern as to what resolves it. The sound just comes back after various switches on and off and flicking between scart/hdmi, changing channels etc. It makes no difference whether the tv or box is the first thing switched on. Our TV is a Matsui model M22LI618 and I have checked all the connections and tightened them. Humax support suggested re-setting factory settings and then when this did not work, said try disconnecting the scart - because one problem may have been I had both hdmi/scart plugged in. but this has not helped either. any help please?!

| Thu 19 Jun 2014 15:49:53 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Try going into picture & audio settings and change audio type and digital audio to stereo.
    Why are you using both HDMI and Scart? If you're using HDMI then there's no need for Scart at all.

| Thu 19 Jun 2014 20:08:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

danielgw1

thanks tip it didn't do the trick, i'll keep researching and send it back. I had both due to a bizarre previous issue where I needed to switch between the two to get rid of a picture that only had green/purple colours.

| Fri 20 Jun 2014 16:27:46 #3 |
  4. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Are you sure the issue isn't with your tv rather than the box?

| Fri 20 Jun 2014 16:46:08 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

danielgw1

i would have thought that but in order to watch tv yesterday I plugged in my old sky+ box and it had sound straight away with the same tv. seems too much of a coincidence for it not to be the humax box - unless the sound worked first time with the sky+ box but may have not worked another time - just to throw me off the scent! thanks.

| Fri 20 Jun 2014 18:47:29 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Try changing the Humax sound settings to Stereo rather than surround sound. (In the later case some sound encodings on for example BBC HD are left to the amp or TV e.g. D.D. 5.1.)

| Sat 21 Jun 2014 15:29:31 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.