My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-1800T

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stjose20

I have a 3yr old machine and yesterday it stopped working although the blue light was on. There was a massive thunder and lightning storm yesterday but the television is working fine so I don't think it is anything to do with that. Humax told me to get a new.HDMI cable but I am not sure about that can anybody give me some advice. I have changed the batteries in the hand control.
    Many Thanks
    Jeremy Brown

| Fri 28 Aug 2020 11:59:49 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

I'm not sure what you mean by stop working.
    Is there any output from the box at all? ie. Can you watch one channel, but not change channel? What happens if you press the vol+ and CH^ buttons on the front panel?
    If you haven't already tried it - disconnect the 1800T from the mains and leave for a while. Then reconnect it whilst watching the HDMI input on your TV. Does anything show up? If that doesn't work: Does your TV have RCA (phono) input and do you have any of these cables (I wouldn't suggest you buy any if you haven't). If you can, try connecting the Humax and the TV using the RCA connectors and try restarting the Humax whilst viewing (probably the AV) input to your TV. Anything visible?

| Fri 28 Aug 2020 17:40:05 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stjose20

Hi,
    Thanks for info have tried unplugging but no change when I Re connected it.Haven't got and cables. All the HDMI source says is no signal.The blue light comes on when you plug the unit in but when you press the vol and channel buttons on the front nothing happens
    I think it just be knackered. I can't see that buying a new HDMI cable would work do you?
    Regards

| Sat 29 Aug 2020 9:15:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

I'm still not sure what you mean by stop working.

How do you know it isn't the TV's HDMI port that has stooped working?

How do you know whether of not the that the TV is switching to the correct HDMI port?

How do you know that it isn't the HDMI cable that has somehow become loose and just re-seating at both ends would fix it?

| Sat 29 Aug 2020 11:53:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stjose20

By not working I mean apart from the blue light being on nothing works if I press the hand control nothing happens if I press the buttons on the front of the unit nothing happens. I will get a new.HDMI cable tomorrow but I can't see it being that and I have no way of knowing if the HDMI port is working

| Sun 30 Aug 2020 9:50:11 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

When you press the on/off button on either the box front or the remote does the blue light change to red?

| Sun 30 Aug 2020 17:35:15 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stjose20

Nope it just stays blue

| Mon 31 Aug 2020 11:51:00 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

If you can't switch the box off using the front panel then I'd guess the whole box has stopped working. One final thought. Whilst watching the HDMI input on the TV try holding the front panel on/off button for about 5 second (worth waiting up to 10s). The box should reboot. Does anything at all appear on your TV?

| Mon 31 Aug 2020 15:34:08 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stjose20

Nope nothing happens

| Tue 1 Sep 2020 8:34:27 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try disconnecting the hard drive power and data cable. Does the box boot as a non recording box ?

| Tue 1 Sep 2020 10:23:12 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.