My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HD

HDR File problem

(11 posts)
  1. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

I recorded a 3d clip from wimbledon in NON-Freesat mode in order to play it on my pc at a later date. However something odd is happening. The clip shoes up in media on the HDR and plays. But I cannot see it in Raydons web based software and it does not show up with a network browse either. It is the only file that does not show up. I copied it to an external usb drive and looked at the file in win7 and if I try to copy it, it complains the file is not there. Other files will copy across ok. One thing odd, in front of the name of this file is a small a and above the a is a small o. I wonder if anyone has met this problem before.

| Wed 11 Jul 2012 9:08:43 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

HD recordings made in this way have some non standard characters that create the symptoms you describe. The answer is to completely rename the file to remove these. The custom firmware has a package that does this automatically.

| Wed 11 Jul 2012 9:32:41 #2 |
  3. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

grahamlthompson - 48 minutes ago  » 
    HD recordings made in this way have some non standard characters that create the symptoms you describe. The answer is to completely rename the file to remove these. The custom firmware has a package that does this automatically.

Installed that and re-booted the HDR but the file still does not show up

| Wed 11 Jul 2012 10:21:23 #3 |
  4. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

sloppyjoe - 3 minutes ago  » 

Got it,,had to enable it...

| Wed 11 Jul 2012 10:25:10 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sloppyjoe - 2 minutes ago  » 

Correct

3 options off (default) once or auto.

| Wed 11 Jul 2012 10:28:54 #5 |
  6. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Correct

What I find interesting, is that I have done this before without a problem. This time this situation showed up. Makes me wonder if the BBC has done something slightly different.

| Wed 11 Jul 2012 11:34:24 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sloppyjoe - 24 minutes ago  » 

Correct

What I find interesting, is that I have done this before without a problem. This time this situation showed up. Makes me wonder if the BBC has done something slightly different.

Been the same for some years. In fact from launch to just before the Royal Wedding BBC1-HD wasn't encrypted even in Freesat mode.

| Wed 11 Jul 2012 12:00:30 #7 |
  8. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

grahamlthompson - 4 hours ago  » 

sloppyjoe - 24 minutes ago  » 

Correct

Been the same for some years. In fact from launch to just before the Royal Wedding BBC1-HD wasn't encrypted even in Freesat mode.

What I meant by doing it before...was 2 days earlier, I recorded the semi=finals in 3d HD on NON-freesat and that came across perfectly. One of those mysteries. However I now how to deal with it. Thx for the pointer.

| Wed 11 Jul 2012 16:50:23 #8 |
  9. gomezz

gomezz

special member

You know it is not necessary and indeed is considered bad netiquette to quote the whole of the immediately previous post when replying. Even more so if each requote includes all the previous requotes.

Selective quoting to make it clear which point or points you are responding to is much friendlier.

| Wed 11 Jul 2012 17:08:27 #9 |
  10. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

It is ??? Well I'll be. Some forums want specifically to include the quotes so they can follow without jumping around. I hadn't realized this was an issue.

| Wed 11 Jul 2012 17:35:39 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.