My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR-FOX-T2 and FTP

(15 posts)
  1. rkm_hm

Watt Tyler

Can anyone please tell me how to access the T2 using FTP, so that I can exchange files with my PC? the T2 has a direct ethernet connection to my router, and can use the BBCi Player etc. I can ping it from my PC, and can connect anonymously to the T2 with FTP, but can't see any files on it. It seems to need a user name and password, but I've no idea what these need to be. Also, to what should I set the initial directory?

Many thanks,
    Roger

| Tue 3 Jan 2012 23:20:23 #1 |
  2. Tembo11

Tembo11

I found several alternative answers using "humax hdr-fox t2 connect to pc" (with the quotes) in Google.

The first entry(not wishing to mention other forums) even seems to mention usernames and passwords

| Wed 4 Jan 2012 0:34:27 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum Roger

If you read the release note for the software that incl FTP server function, you will note the username and password, and details of what you can and cannot do - about half way down the notes in this link:

http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/downloads/hdr-foxt2ver10207

| Wed 4 Jan 2012 0:45:41 #3 |
  4. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

You can use the built-in FTP function in Windows (File) Explorer or Windows Internet Explorer, In the Address bar enter the following:-
    ftp://10.0.0.200 you must replace 10.0.0.200 with the IP address of your Humax. Next you will be asked for logon = humaxftp and password = 0000 If you have changed the password used with your remote to something other than 0000 use the new password in place of 0000 You will see 3 directories My Video, My Music and My Photo also Drive1 will be present if an external USB drive is connected. SD files copied to a USB drive1 are also decrypted

| Wed 4 Jan 2012 1:31:09 #4 |
  5. rkm_hm

Watt Tyler

Tembo11 - 10 hours ago  » 
    I found several alternative answers using "humax hdr-fox t2 connect to pc" (with the quotes) in Google.
    The first entry(not wishing to mention other forums) even seems to mention usernames and passwords

Sounds a bit like "Ask elsewhere - not here!" - which isn't a very good recommendation for this forum. Thankfully someone has posted a much more helpful reply below - but I had, in the meantime, found the answer elsewhere anyway.

| Wed 4 Jan 2012 10:40:13 #5 |
  6. rkm_hm

Watt Tyler

Barry - 9 hours ago  » 
    Welcome to the Forum Roger
    If you read the release note for the software that incl FTP server function, you will note the username and password, and details of what you can and cannot do - about half way down the notes in this link:
    http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/downloads/hdr-foxt2ver10207

Many thanks Barry - very useful.

Doubtless the user manual which came with my machine was printed before this update was released - even though my machine (purchased last June) had this firmware installed. As far as I can see, the manual which can be downloaded from the Humax site is the same as mine, and still doesn't cover the FTP feature. Is it too much to expect for Humax to update their on-line manuals to be consistent with the latest firmware release?

Incidentally, on the Network Setup menu on my machine, there's a greyed-out item to do with configuring Wi-Fi. Anyone know what that's about?

| Wed 4 Jan 2012 10:52:34 #6 |
  7. rkm_hm

Watt Tyler

ezra pound - 9 hours ago  » 
    You can use the built-in FTP function in Windows (File) Explorer or Windows Internet Explorer, In the Address bar enter the following:-
    ftp://10.0.0.200 you must replace 10.0.0.200 with the IP address of your Humax. Next you will be asked for logon = humaxftp and password = 0000 If you have changed the password used with your remote to something other than 0000 use the new password in place of 0000 You will see 3 directories My Video, My Music and My Photo also Drive1 will be present if an external USB drive is connected. SD files copied to a USB drive1 are also decrypted

Many thanks for your reply. I now have FTP access - great!

As you say, the files are encrypted and are only useful for backup in that form. Doubtless you are aware of utilities which can pursuade the T2 to write files to USB storage in an un-encrypted form - or don't we talk about that sort of thing here?!

| Wed 4 Jan 2012 10:58:15 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

rkm_hm - 2 minutes ago  » 
    As you say, the files are encrypted and are only useful for backup in that form. Doubtless you are aware of utilities which can pursuade the T2 to write files to USB storage in an un-encrypted form - or don't we talk about that sort of thing here?!

You don't need a utility for SD recordings; just use the HDR to copy the file to the USB storage and it will be decrypted as it is copied. HD recordings are a different story and the forum policy is not to talk about methods of persuading the HDR to remove the encryption.

| Wed 4 Jan 2012 11:04:22 #8 |
  9. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

Just attach a permanent USB drive to the HDR - you can then transfer SD recordings to it (which will be decrypted once on the external drive.)

You can then FTP from the external drive (it appears as drive1) directly to your desktop.

Attachments

1. humaxftp.jpg (16.6 KB, 9 downloads) 12 years old
    | Wed 4 Jan 2012 11:20:14 #9 |
  10. rkm_hm

Watt Tyler

son_t - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Just attach a permanent USB drive to the HDR - you can then transfer SD recordings to it (which will be decrypted once on the external drive.)
    You can then FTP from the external drive (it appears as drive1) directly to your desktop.

Yes, I've done that - and when I double-click on the received .ts file, it opens Windows Media Player and plays the video - but there is no sound! What am i doing wrong?

| Wed 4 Jan 2012 11:31:28 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.