My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR FOX T2 not recording series for more than 1 week if box not in use.

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

katie111

I have been away on holiday for 3 weeks and set "Desperate Housewives" and "The Apprentice" to record for the whole series. I set this when the series began - not just before I went away. The series had been recording correctly every week, but when I got home only the first week in each of the series had recorded.

This is the second time it has happened - the previous time I thought the digital re-tune in London might have had something to do with it.

HELP has this happened to anyway one and how can I fix it?

| Tue 22 May 2012 10:21:42 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

katie111 - 24 minutes ago  » 
    I have been away on holiday for 3 weeks and set "Desperate Housewives" and "The Apprentice" to record for the whole series.

Do you have start or end padding time set?

| Tue 22 May 2012 10:47:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

katie111

Hi I just spoke to the John Lewis technical department, who contacted Humax direct, and apparently its a recognised fault. Humax have emailed me a warranty returns form, and are going to courier another replacement box over at the end of this week. The warranty is for two years, and so although the machine is a year old they will replace it.

Thank goodness, I thought it was me! Thanks for your support.

| Tue 22 May 2012 11:47:12 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

katie can you answer Martins question - depending on your answer, you may not have a faulty unit, but fallen foul of a known software problem.

| Tue 22 May 2012 11:49:42 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

katie111 - 3 hours ago  » 
    Hi I just spoke to the John Lewis technical department, who contacted Humax direct, and apparently its a recognised fault.

Yes there is a known problem in this area but if it is the problem Barry and I are thinking of then changing the box will not make the slightest difference (except that you will lose all your recordings). I ask again are you using padding?

| Tue 22 May 2012 15:20:34 #5 |
  6. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

What Martin and Barry are saying is that this is a software bug that will not be fixed by replacing the Humax box. The Humax only has a 7 day EPG and is only updated when it is not in standby, it does not update the EPG when recording using padding. The fix is to turn padding off or set a timer to turn the Humax on and off for a 15 Min. period each night.

| Wed 23 May 2012 12:50:34 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

PAULHUNTER22

ezra pound - 6 hours ago  » 
    What Martin and Barry are saying is that this is a software bug that will not be fixed by replacing the Humax box. The Humax only has a 7 day EPG and is only updated when it is not in standby, it does not update the EPG when recording using padding. The fix is to turn padding off or set a timer to turn the Humax on and off for a 15 Min. period each night.

If a series recording is set for a programme that only repeats, say every two weeks or more, (e.g Formula 1 sometimes), and there are no other planned recordings at all whilst one is on a holiday during such a period, then presumably the EPG won't update even with padding off (i.e. Auto Recording on instead). The nightly 15 minute on/off timer solution seems to be the safest bet?

| Wed 23 May 2012 19:08:41 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

PAULHUNTER22 - 34 minutes ago  » 

ezra pound - 6 hours ago  » 

If a series recording is set for a programme that only repeats, say every two weeks or more, (e.g Formula 1 sometimes), and there are no other planned recordings at all whilst one is on a holiday during such a period, then presumably the EPG won't update even with padding off (i.e. Auto Recording on instead). The nightly 15 minute on/off timer solution seems to be the safest bet?

Correct, a daily repeating watch only reservation can also be used.

| Wed 23 May 2012 19:44:49 #8 |
  9. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

Paul Hunter 22 : the EPG won't update even with padding off (i.e. Auto Recording on instead)

Yes it will, The difference is that with padding turned on the Humax comes out of standby, say 2 Mins. before recording time, with padding off e.g. Accurate Recording on, the Humax turns on 15 Mins. before the recording is about to start and the EPG is updated during this 15 Mins. NOTE:- EPG update does not occur during Standby, OTA (4:30AM searching for new software) or during recording

| Wed 30 May 2012 8:42:00 #9 |
  10. af123

af123

@Ezra - what the OP said is right although a fairly unusual scenario.

PAULHUNTER22
    If a series recording is set for a programme that only repeats, say every two weeks or more, (e.g Formula 1 sometimes), and there are no other planned recordings at all whilst one is on a holiday during such a period, then presumably the EPG won't update even with padding off (i.e. Auto Recording on instead).

If the box has no AR recordings to wake up for, then the EPG won't get updated even in AR mode.

| Wed 30 May 2012 10:15:38 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.