My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR-FOX T2 reboots when I play youtube videos

(25 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

keebs

Hi, a week ago I selected a video on youtube and before it started playing, the player rebooted, I tried again and it worked OK. Today I have tried several videos and each has caused the player to reboot, the related video thumbs appear on the right hand side and the loading symbol rotates but then green screen and restart. Is this youtube/ humax or is my box knackered & in need of warranty repair / replacement?

Thanks in advance for your help

| Fri 20 Sep 2013 0:27:01 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Would it be OK for you to post the titles/reference of a selection of the videos that are causing a reboot?

| Fri 20 Sep 2013 0:34:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

keebs - 15 minutes ago  » 
    Hi, a week ago I selected a video on youtube and before it started playing, the player rebooted, I tried again and it worked OK. Today I have tried several videos and each has caused the player to reboot, the related video thumbs appear on the right hand side and the loading symbol rotates but then green screen and restart. Is this youtube/ humax or is my box knackered & in need of warranty repair / replacement?

There have been several similar reports circulating for several days but concerning the HD-T2 box. I think this is almost certainly a software problem but exactly where the problem lies (YouTube, Humax Portal or unit software) I have no idea.

| Fri 20 Sep 2013 0:45:09 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Please confirm that it is a HDR T2 that is rebooting?

| Fri 20 Sep 2013 9:13:42 #4 |
  5. athomson

athomson

special member

I noticed this yesterday, in the past I have been able to watch HLTV (Hargreves Lansdown) on YouTube but yesterday my T2 just rebooted after selecting the file and getting the busy rotating icon twice. So I just watched the video on a tablet in the end. I have 2.19 custom firmware on 1.02.32 and I tried a disk check/repair in maintence mode but no joy.

Andy

| Fri 20 Sep 2013 10:03:42 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

keebs

Hi, yes I can confirm I have a HDR FOX T2 with 512Mb storage. I spoke to Humax today and they said they would try a unit at their end & get back to me. Several hours later they did & confirmed they had experienced the same problem and that I do not have a faulty box. The guy said they would liaise with Youtube / Portal companies to resolve, hopefully in the next few days. Let's wait and see. Finally, he also advised that there is a ...36 software release soon but I don't think it is relevant as they were not aware of the problem so are unlikely to have fixed it.

| Fri 20 Sep 2013 19:47:22 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bolly

Yippi
    Seems at last more people have had this problem. My box is now exactly as you have described. At first it was just the VEVO music videos that were an issue. "cannot play this video due to an invalid file format" Now everything just bombs out and the hunny reboots.
    I am running 1.02.32 2.19. I have tried others versions but get tuning problems.
    Glad to hear there is hope!

| Fri 20 Sep 2013 19:59:23 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bolly

I don't believe it !
    Tried utube at about 1pm and it worked o.k.(except for the music VEVO ones). Just tried again at 6pm and, it's a no from me.

spoooky!!

| Sat 21 Sep 2013 19:06:25 #8 |
  9. athomson

athomson

special member

I tried YouTube and 'BatDad' played OK but 'HLTV - Will the FTSE 100 top 7,000' reboots the T2 as before. This happend twice on Sunday and once this morning. Makes me think maybe a codec is missing or YouTube is using a new version of a codec, very strange.

Andy

| Sun 22 Sep 2013 9:37:21 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bolly

I tried utube 3 times yesterday, and got 3 yes's. Some of them will still not play because of incorrect file format and it's NOT only the VEVO ones, I came across a few others.
    I tried utube when I got home from work today with MOST POPULAR - "What if you stopped sleeping?" and it bombs out. If utube were using a different type of codec then wouldn't that mean that the problem was constant?.

| Mon 23 Sep 2013 17:43:17 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.