My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR-FOX T2 seizing up

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

TaffE

Hi, took delivery of this last friday. Connected it up when I got home, autotune wizard cut in and installed as many channels as we already had on the TV. All seemingly well went for Friday beer.
    Saturday I played a bit more to learn when it just stopped functioning. Couldnt change channel, adjust volume, nothing. Handset OK. Unit would not even respond to the buttons on the front! Switched off power and back on again and all was well, then it seized again. Repeated several times. Switched power off for all of Saturday night. Turned it on again sunday morning, same sequence of events. Tried OTA update and it has not cured it. The unit displays TV, Channel, 'FULL' - though i have no idea what this is about as it isnt explained in the manual and cannot find any explanation on the web?
    Will try a factory reset tonight and see but if anyone has any ideas or better still a known solution I would be grateful to hear.

| Mon 9 Jan 2012 16:04:07 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

TaffE - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Will try a factory reset tonight and see but if anyone has any ideas or better still a known solution I would be grateful to hear.

There have been a number of similar reports recently. I think a factory reset is worth trying but if the problems persist then the box is probably faulty and should be returned to the supplier for exchange.

| Mon 9 Jan 2012 16:14:23 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

There have been a number of similar reports recently.

Of the HDR T2 seizing up?

I have only noted a couple that reported 'crashing' but not locking/seizing up.

and for the OP

Welcome to our Forum

The OTA is not currently being transmitted, latest software version is 1.02.20 and can be checked (if you can gain control) via Menu, Settings, System, System Information.

If you have the latest, concur with Martin, if a factory reset fails to restore order, return for exchange.

| Mon 9 Jan 2012 16:21:05 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Barry - 6 minutes ago  » 

There have been a number of similar reports recently.

Of the HDR T2 seizing up?

I would regard seizing and crashing as similar which is why I used that terminology rather than identical.

| Mon 9 Jan 2012 16:29:23 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

TaffE

Thanks for your input so far and so soon. I should have also mentioned that the TV connection is scart only.
    Do you know what the FULL in the unit display means? I have not had the set long enough to have filled 1TB of memory!

I have reported the symptoms to both the supplier and Humax. The supplier confirmed they cannot help but not heard a dickiebird from Humax. Are they usually slow in responding?

| Mon 9 Jan 2012 16:52:23 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

TaffE - 18 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for your input so far and so soon. I should have also mentioned that the TV connection is scart only.
    Do you know what the FULL in the unit display means? I have not had the set long enough to have filled 1TB of memory!

See fifth post in http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/front-panel-display-icons (The FULL signifies the resolution).

but not heard a dickiebird from Humax. Are they usually slow in responding?

You don't say how slow they have been but my advice is to ring them up. Note that my advice is to return to supplier for exchange as chances are you will get a new one whereas Humax will probably supply a refurbished one.

| Mon 9 Jan 2012 17:13:55 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

TaffE

Well, did the reset to factory settings and reprogrammed via autotune and all seemed good. Instead of playing with it we left it alone. Within an hour my wife wanted to change channels and lo and behold the unit did not respond, frozen solid. So all in all it looks like I have a faulty unit.
    Somewhat surprisingly Humax support have not responded at all. Very poor indeed.

| Tue 10 Jan 2012 9:17:31 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The only other suggestion that comes to mind is overheating as the unit was OK for an hour, but it would appear you have a faulty unit, the supplier is responsible, and should exchange the unit for you.

| Tue 10 Jan 2012 11:17:21 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

TaffE

Well i have come to the end of my tether with this one and sending the unit back to the supplier. Though there was some reluctance on their part. Not heard anything from Humax at all. Very disappointing.

| Wed 11 Jan 2012 17:21:32 #9 |
  10. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

To be fair to Humax your contract under the sale of goods act is with the supplier not Humax.
    When the goods are found to be faulty it is the suppliers responsibility to replace them and /or deal with any queries.

| Thu 12 Jan 2012 19:40:25 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.