My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR2000t/iPlayer problem

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pian

Humax HDR2000T/iplayer: immediately after selected programme starts Humax reboots. This problem started 30 September – “co-incidentally” the day Humax removed ITV Hub from Freeesat boxes. “Co-incidentally” too , back in April, my HDR set had similar problems with iplayer as the Sat boxes had and “co-incidentally” too my HDR set started to work when that problem was fixed. I discovered today that I was still on software version .18. However after loading v.20 the problem persists. Anyone else affected?

| Mon 3 Oct 2022 14:44:51 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JHS

I have the same problem in iPlayer on the Humax Portal. I have only noticed it for the last 3 days but I had not used it for about a week before then. I have an HDR2000t and it repeatedly crashes on trying to play a programme.

| Wed 5 Oct 2022 11:11:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pian

Thanks JHS for affirming there is a problem and not just with me. When I contacted HUMAX they were adamant it was an iPlayer problem and to contact BBC, which I did on Monday. A very helpful Rebekah has taken on the problem and is getting it investigated. But back to. HUMAX - I am still not a believer in "co-incidencies". Maybe the Forum could raise it with them officially.

| Wed 5 Oct 2022 11:37:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JHS

Yes, I am sure it is related to the Freesat problem. I also had problems in April which coincided with the Freesat problem then but when Freesat was fixed, I and others still had the same problem and it required a further fix. I have written to Humax as well and will try the BBC too. Thanks for posting.

| Wed 5 Oct 2022 11:51:32 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JHS

I received this reply from Humax:

"Thank you for contacting Humax, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with your Humax equipment. We are aware of the BBC iPlayer issues, we are doing all we can to find the source of the issue and resolve this, we do apologize."

So at least they acknowledge the problem

| Wed 5 Oct 2022 13:37:30 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pian

All back working last night (7 Oct)! Hurrah!

| Sat 8 Oct 2022 10:30:19 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JHS

Yes, it looks like mine is working too.

| Sun 9 Oct 2022 10:21:26 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pian

Hi Ian,

Thanks for contacting BBC iPlayer support about iPlayer crashing on your Humax device.

Apologies for the delay but we raised this with our engineers and they've now got back to us.

They did some testes and realised that a recent update to iPlayer actually caused this bug. For now, they have rolled back the update and so you shouldn't have any more issues. They will continue investigating this and hopefully, are able to fix the bug fully and then update the app properly.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience caused by this but we appreciate you taking the time to let us know.

All the best,

Jonny Philpott

BBC iPlayer & BBC Sounds Support Team

| Tue 11 Oct 2022 18:00:04 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Flyer

I use iPlayer now and then (partly because of previous problems meaning it just wasn't available) but I've been suffering this problem for a while with my HDR2000T. but just joined this forum as decided to see if there is any solution and spotted this feed. It suggests th problem has gone away, however every time I click on a programme to play it crasses the box and it appears to reboot.

Any further info on how to resolve would be great!

| Sun 20 Nov 2022 19:40:15 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pian

If you have not used ilPayer for some time check to ensure you are on software v.20, which was the version to which the patch was applied.

| Sun 20 Nov 2022 20:11:42 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.