My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

How to solve "Not supported file format"/

(81 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

In course of trying to det up file sharing ( see another thread) something has caused my attempts to play back recorded shows to fail with the warning "not supported file format"
    Can you please help me solve this, hopefully without detroying the recordings on the hard disk.

Thanks in anticipation.

| Mon 3 Apr 2017 11:59:18 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

@grahamthompson wrote in previous thread

You need to provide details of the file that is not supported. Download MediaInfo, open the file and select treeview. Export the text to a text file and post the details in your new thread.

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download/Windows

Is there confusion here? the items im question are Freesat recordings on the Humax HDR, not those on my computer.

| Mon 3 Apr 2017 12:32:53 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cerclebois - 47 minutes ago  » 
    @grahamthompson wrote in previous thread

You need to provide details of the file that is not supported. Download MediaInfo, open the file and select treeview. Export the text to a text file and post the details in your new thread.
    https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download/Windows

Is there confusion here? the items im question are Freesat recordings on the Humax HDR, not those on my computer.

Have you tried turning off the box power for 5 minutes and then restoring the power and booting the box after the initial boot to start the clock (pull out the rear power connector) ? Your other post was very confusing as the message could be generated by attempting to stream a file on the PC in a format not supported by the box.

| Mon 3 Apr 2017 13:23:27 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

I have tried your suggestion twice, each with a longer than 5 minute power down. Firstly I pulled the plug on picture's appearance; secondly on Freesat emblem's. Neither have resolved the problem.

| Mon 3 Apr 2017 15:36:19 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cerclebois - 1 minute ago  » 
    I have tried your suggestion twice, each with a longer than 5 minute power down. Firstly I pulled the plug on picture's appearance; secondly on Freesat emblem's. Neither have resolved the problem.

Is it just one recording or all of them ? I wasn't suggesting you pull the plug with box on. Remove the power with the box in sby.

| Mon 3 Apr 2017 15:39:09 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

I haven't examined all, but as both recent and much earlier ones are affected, I'd guess "all".

| Mon 3 Apr 2017 15:56:23 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Seems your box has lost access to the decryption key. What happens if you make a short instant recording ? Can you pause live content ?

| Mon 3 Apr 2017 16:03:02 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

I haven't examined all, but as both recent and much earlier ones are affected, I'd guess "all".

I've tried again. This time I am told that I have no recordings, yet the usage is @31%.

| Mon 3 Apr 2017 17:45:21 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cerclebois - 4 minutes ago  » 
    I've tried again. This time I am told that I have no recordings, yet the usage is @31%.

Not looking good. All I can suggest is you try a reset to factory defaults.

| Mon 3 Apr 2017 17:50:54 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

Then won't I lose everything? As you say that would not be good.
    As to you post @ 15:56:23 both making short recording and pausing live content are OK.

| Mon 3 Apr 2017 18:01:46 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.