My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

How to sort channels

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

franckyinuk

Hi,

I have received my HB 1000S box and I am quite happy with it, but so far the channels are in a weird order and I haven't found a way to change it, I have only found about deleting channels.

Does someone know how to sort channels?

Cheers,
    Franck.

| Tue 30 Aug 2016 11:36:02 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You can't other than using the genre options to filter the list. (List Button). Welcome to our forum.

Channel order is down to freesat.

| Tue 30 Aug 2016 11:55:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

franckyinuk

Hi Graham,

Thank you for your quick reply.
    Do you know if there is another model that would allow me to order the channels?

Cheers,
    Franck.

| Tue 30 Aug 2016 13:43:51 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

franckyinuk - 13 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Graham,
    Thank you for your quick reply.
    Do you know if there is another model that would allow me to order the channels?
    Cheers,
    Franck.

I don't know of any Freesat box that allows you to change the order of the epg. The UI is designed by freesat and deliberately excludes what you want to do. The Freeview spec is not so tied down so you might find a freeview box that allows this.

You can customise which channels appear using favourites but not change the order.

| Tue 30 Aug 2016 14:00:01 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

franckyinuk - 3 hours ago  » 
    I have received my HB 1000S box and I am quite happy with it, but so far the channels are in a weird order and I haven't found a way to change it, I have only found about deleting channels.

Can you describe what you mean by "weird order"? Have you tried putting the box into standby, leaving it there for five minutes and then bringing it out of standby; on some Humax models the initial setup can leave the channels in an unusual order but going into and out of full standby sorts it out.

| Tue 30 Aug 2016 14:50:08 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

franckyinuk

Hi Graham, Martin,

Graham, I don't really mind the order of the EPG but the order in which the channels are when you use the up and down prog keys (althoug they seem to be the same).

Martin, Here is the order I've got

BBC 1
    BBC 2 HD
    ITV
    5 HD
    BBC 1 HD
    BBC 4 HD
    BBC 2
    BBC ALBA
    BBC 4
    ITV HD
    ITV 2
    ITV 2 +1
    ITV 3
    ITV 3 +1
    ITV 4
    ITV Be
    ITV Be +1
    SAC
    4 + 1
    E4
    E4 +1
    More 4
    More 4 +1
    4 HD
    4 7
    5 + 1

It isn't too bad but it is not great either.
    Ideally I would like to delete the channel which have an HD version and put the HD version in their place.
    Also I would like all the +1's to be next to their original counter part.
    For example ITV 4 +1 is about 20 channels away from ITV 4

I find this order very inconvenient and I am surprised that no one complains about it.

Thanks for your thoughts,
    Franck.

| Tue 30 Aug 2016 23:19:26 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The channels are in LCN (logical channel order). The logical channel number comes from the epg so the order is determined by freesat. There is some variation determined by the post code used again down to the postcode allocation table used to verify a UK postcode, also down to freesat.

It's nothing to do with Humax, only way to change the order is get the broadcasters and freesat to change the source data.

Your order is standard for a English postcode.

| Wed 31 Aug 2016 9:11:58 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scuffneck

My original Humax Foxsat receiver allows re-ordering of the favorites list as well as supporting 4 separate lists and once selected the list remains active. The only item lacking in that receiver is the ability to set up a series recording.
    I recently acquired an HDR 1100s and am very disappointed with the performance of the EPG its only advance in the last 10 years is the support of series recording. In all other respects its usability is diminished. Is this really a Freesat issue?

Scuffneck

| Fri 11 Dec 2020 12:32:24 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Scuffneck - 2 hours ago  » 
    My original Humax Foxsat receiver allows re-ordering of the favorites list as well as supporting 4 separate lists and once selected the list remains active. The only item lacking in that receiver is the ability to set up a series recording.
    I recently acquired an HDR 1100s and am very disappointed with the performance of the EPG its only advance in the last 10 years is the support of series recording. In all other respects its usability is diminished. Is this really a Freesat issue?
    Scuffneck

Yes it is. You can delete channels but cannot change the lcn for any channel other than using non freesat mode. Channels added to non freesat start at 7000 incrementing by one as you add channels. Before you ask the g2 boxes cannot record non freesat. To do that you have to go back to the Foxsat-HDR.

| Fri 11 Dec 2020 14:47:02 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.