My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Human DTR-t2000 keeps turning itself ON!!!

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

PJC 2020

Thanks for the info It's always a mystery to me why these sort of things suddenly start happening when it's been ok previously! At the moment I have reset the Humax box. I'm going to wait to see if it happens again. If it does I'll try some of the other suggestions. I will update in a week.

| Mon 27 Jul 2020 8:15:34 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

PJC 2020

Hi All! Just thought I'd update. I did a reset last Monday. Thought I had solved the problem. But then last night the TV suddenly came on during the evening (and just now whilst I’m writing this!!!).

I can go the CEC route and half fix the problem, but does anyone have a clear explanation as to why this might be happening?

| Sat 1 Aug 2020 15:12:07 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

PJC 2020 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi All! Just thought I'd update. I did a reset last Monday. Thought I had solved the problem. But then last night the TV suddenly came on during the evening (and just now whilst I’m writing this!!!).
    I can go the CEC route and half fix the problem, but does anyone have a clear explanation as to why this might be happening?

There is a number of possibilities.

There might be a rogue source of Infra Red in the room. Low energy bulbs can be a source. Covering the front of the unit will block the ir receiver. Experiment to find the location and cover it with black plastic insulation tape. Confirm the box ignores it's remote control.

Id it still comes on it must be cec related.

| Sat 1 Aug 2020 16:46:56 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Noggin

I have exactly the same problem as PJC2020. A machine that after many years, has suddenly started turning on. The CEC link is not relevant, and the "random infra red source" is surely clutching at straws.
    On the basis that NOTHING has changed in the previous arrangement, then the solution must surely be the elephant in the room - which is that the latest automatic update from Humax has introduced a bug

| Tue 29 Sep 2020 15:51:04 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

There is only 3 possible ways for a Humax box to wake up none of them have the capability to wake up from a lan command.

1 In response to an internal timer. This could be a programme reservation or periodic interval wake up to check remote scheduling changes to the box recordings schedule. Perhaps Noggin should turn off remote scheduling if enabled.

2 From an local infra red source. This might even be the TV. I had an infra red repeater under an old CCFL back LCD TV. The repeater had a red led indicating it was getting an infra red signal. It stayed on for about 10 mins after the TV was turned on.

3 From a wake up command on pin 13 (CEC)

Perhaps our new member Noggin could explain which of these He thinks is causing the issue unless he knows of a 4th way of course.

I don't have a DTR box.

Perhaps he should post the software version he has and ask other members who have the same version if they have the same issue. All the other posts are from July this year.

As he has totally rejected the above only known ways of waking the box and not bothered to even check if there is a new software, and totally rejects all the other possible reasons. There is not a lot more I can do to help.

Only other possible source I can think off is a infra red remote not designed to operate the box being used to control others. Remotes for other Humax boxes will wake up the box if not set to a unique infra red mode (2-6).

Another possible reason is using a logitech harmony remote.

| Tue 29 Sep 2020 18:38:12 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Are you both sure that it's not the TV turning on and then bringing the Humax out of standby?

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 7:58:12 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

SSThing - 47 mins ago  » 
    Are you both sure that it's not the TV turning on and then bringing the Humax out of standby?

If by both you mean me. Of course I am not sure. As I explained already one of the ways the box can be booted is a cec command on pin 13 of the HDMI cable mentioned. The cec removal adaptor posted in this thread should stop this happening when the TV is turned on. If the Tv is turning on due to some other reason then the adaptor should eliminate this as a cause.

How to identify which way the box is powering on is a process of elimination.

Noggin has simply refused to understand the issue blaming it entirely on a software change. Has there been a recent update ? If so what version and date is installed. Why Noggin has not provided this information beggars belief.

I do wonder if the other device mentioned also turning on is connected to the same TV. If so that would seem to be the obvious common source of what is causing both devices to power on.

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 8:54:14 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Noggin

I can only repeat nothing has changed in the room. There is no "other device" connected. I joined this forum looking for help not personal abuse

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 11:47:25 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Noggin - 16 mins ago  » 
    I can only repeat nothing has changed in the room. There is no "other device" connected. I joined this forum looking for help not personal abuse

There is no personal abuse. You made comments that all the previous advice in this thread could not possibly relate to your issue.

As to nothing has changed a quote from your OP.

"which is that the latest automatic update from Humax has introduced a bug"

Is that not a change ? Have you checked that you have a new software update and that there any others with this software having the same issues ?

A quote from my post which you have entirely ignored.
    "Has there been a recent update ? If so what version and date is installed. Why Noggin has not provided this information beggars belief "

We are trying to help you, ignoring our help and suggestions and basically ignoring requests for more info is not the way to win any friends round here.

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 12:08:55 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.