My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Human DTR-t2000 keeps turning itself ON!!!

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

PJC 2020

Thanks for the info It's always a mystery to me why these sort of things suddenly start happening when it's been ok previously! At the moment I have reset the Humax box. I'm going to wait to see if it happens again. If it does I'll try some of the other suggestions. I will update in a week.

Mon 27 Jul 2020 9:15:34 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

PJC 2020

Hi All! Just thought I'd update. I did a reset last Monday. Thought I had solved the problem. But then last night the TV suddenly came on during the evening (and just now whilst I’m writing this!!!).

I can go the CEC route and half fix the problem, but does anyone have a clear explanation as to why this might be happening?

Sat 1 Aug 2020 16:12:07 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

PJC 2020 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi All! Just thought I'd update. I did a reset last Monday. Thought I had solved the problem. But then last night the TV suddenly came on during the evening (and just now whilst I’m writing this!!!).
    I can go the CEC route and half fix the problem, but does anyone have a clear explanation as to why this might be happening?

There is a number of possibilities.

There might be a rogue source of Infra Red in the room. Low energy bulbs can be a source. Covering the front of the unit will block the ir receiver. Experiment to find the location and cover it with black plastic insulation tape. Confirm the box ignores it's remote control.

Id it still comes on it must be cec related.

Sat 1 Aug 2020 17:46:56 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.