My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Humax 1010s - can't record & lost exist recordings

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Humour

Help!!!
    Can any Help me or suggest a solution.
    I have a Humax 1010s twin tuner FreeSat recorder & about 3/4 weeks ago, I noticed that ALL my recordings have been Erased. Naturally I thought I'd done something to create this issue.
    I then tried to use iplayer to see a previous Televised Program & found that I keep receiving an ERROR message.
    So, I tried to record programs (that are shown in the future) and, although I could set the recorder up, it didn't Record any Programs.
    When I go into System Settings it says that I need to attach a hard drive to it to record Programs (although it has a 1TB Hard Drive installed already.
    Finally, I did a Factory Reset - still to no avail.
    I then phoned Humax who said - they are already AWARE of the problem & think it's most likely a SOFTWARE issue & that they are LOOKING INTO IT.
    That been over 3 weeks ago & I still can't use my Recorder.
    Has any one else had a similar problem or can give me a clue as to what's going on.
    I think that the Humax Software has been Maliciously Hacked....

| Tue 9 Feb 2016 11:58:46 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Welcome to our forum.

No consolation I am afraid but see this thread.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hard-drive-issues

| Tue 9 Feb 2016 12:08:00 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Humour

Thank you Graham for the link.
    I have phoned the Humax help line on 2 occasions & they assure me that they are looking into the issue with (hopefully) a Software release to fix the problem.
    I also have a Humax FreeView recorder & have dealt with them before with 'issues'.
    Frankly, I HAVEN'T found Humax a very Customer Caring company.
    I bought Humax products because (after reading all the available info on the Net), I believed them to be the best choice.
    Humax products are at the expensive end of the market, I paid over £250 for my 1010s recorder 25 months ago.
    Now, after my recent experiences, my opinion of their products has changed.
    I will never buy another Humax product & I will tell others not to do so either...

| Tue 9 Feb 2016 20:44:14 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.