My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Humax apps not working

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gauss54

Hi, new to forum. Hopefully someone can help.
    Netflix wouldn't load this afternoon. This evening I have "On Demand" ie BBC Iplayer etc but all "Humax Apps" are greyed out.
    I have done a Factory Rest, re-booted but still no apps.
    I have looked in the forum but may be missing what I need.
    Thanks in anticipation.
    Gauss

| Tue 1 Aug 2017 21:31:06 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

car3107

EXACTLY the same thing happened to our FVP-4000T today. Am running the April 2017 firmware and have not had this prob before. Have tried rebooting (after fully disconnecting power and waiting 10-15 mins etc etc) several times but still no Humax apps (Netflix, YouTube etc) showing.

| Tue 1 Aug 2017 21:44:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

car3107

We suddenly don't have any of the Humax Apps (Netflix, YouTube, etc) showing on the On Demand page. That row of icons now just displays the generic placeholder icons. Freeview apps all there and working fine, and no internet connectivity problems. Noticed that another forum user posted elsewhere about having the identical problem occurring today (not sure if they've got an FPV4000t, or whether we have broadband supplier or broadcast region or any other variables in common...) - coincidence? Any ideas?

| Tue 1 Aug 2017 21:58:53 #1 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

nras1984

Exactly the same problem. Have tried a full factory reset but no joy. We have a FVP4000T.

| Tue 1 Aug 2017 22:27:32 #3 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

All present and correct for me on FVP 4000T earlier when I was checking out Freeview Explore.

Just checked again this very minute and same.

Will ask Humax Towers tomorrow if they are aware of any server issues that might affect some users.

and

Welcome to our Forum Gauss - confirm which unit?

| Tue 1 Aug 2017 23:00:46 #4 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

car3107

Reinstalled firmware and rescanned channels (not obviously related but figured it couldn't hurt) and no change. Then suddenly some time later, Humax Apps reappear... I had been thinking they were a feature of the firmware, but is that not the case? Are they downloaded fresh from Humax every time you access the On Demand page or something?

| Tue 1 Aug 2017 23:51:46 #5 |
  7. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Hmm... I didn't have any apps showing on the ON DEMAND screen at all, just the gray icons. I was able to get Netflix via its own button (RM-L08 remote). A reboot has returned everything to normal operation. R-

| Wed 2 Aug 2017 6:21:09 #2 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

bykermick

Mine disappeared last night could not get them back but this morning all is fine again. would like to know why it happened?

| Wed 2 Aug 2017 7:16:13 #6 |
  9. RogerB

RogerB

special member

There are two threads on this topic (see 4000T). Can they be combined Barry? R-

| Wed 2 Aug 2017 7:17:51 #7 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Threads combined...will move this thread to FVP section later.

Have sent a message to Humax Towers asking if there are server issues that could affect some but not all users.

| Wed 2 Aug 2017 7:24:13 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.