My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Humax Eye web login

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

markee68

Hi all does anyone know what the web login details are for the Humax Eye?

If you put the IP address of the camera into a web browser you get prompted for a username and password.

Anyone know what they are please?

Thank you.

| Tue 11 Jun 2019 15:08:18 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

markee68 - 1 hour ago  » 
    If you put the IP address of the camera into a web browser you get prompted for a username and password.
    Thank you.

It needs setting up.

https://uk.humaxdigital.com/product/humaxeye/

| Tue 11 Jun 2019 16:12:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

markee68

grahamlthompson - 52 minutes ago  » 

markee68 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thank you.

It needs setting up.

Can you please be a bit more specific as to how this is setup as the link above is to the product website?

Thank you.

| Tue 11 Jun 2019 17:06:16 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

markee68 - 4 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 52 minutes ago  » 

markee68 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thank you.

It needs setting up.

Can you please be a bit more specific as to how this is setup as the link above is to the product website?
    Thank you.

The product website includes links to the user manual plus videos showing how to setup the camera. How much more help do you need ?

| Tue 11 Jun 2019 22:07:32 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

markee68

Never mind, maybe read my question?

I’ve got the camera setup, and on the Y Cam app, as per the manual and videos.

What I was asking was if anyone knew what the user name and password is FOR ACCESSING THE CAMERA DIRECT FROM A WEB BROWSER.

I’ve read the manual and watched the videos but this information isn’t in there (not that I could find anyway).

If you’d simply said you didn’t know the answer to my question, you only had to say so as it would saved us both a lot of time...

But thanks for taking the time to reply.

| Tue 11 Jun 2019 22:17:28 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

markee68 - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Never mind, maybe read my question?
    I’ve got the camera setup, and on the Y Cam app, as per the manual and videos.
    What I was asking was if anyone knew what the user name and password is FOR ACCESSING THE CAMERA DIRECT FROM A WEB BROWSER.
    I’ve read the manual and watched the videos but this information isn’t in there (not that I could find anyway).
    If you’d simply said you didn’t know the answer to my question, you only had to say so as it would saved us both a lot of time...
    But thanks for taking the time to reply.

How rude :(. The user name and password is setup during setup of the device.

I can't believe you expect to buy a security device from someone else and expect it to have the same login as a previous owner :cry:. Frankly you clearly have zero knowledge of even the basics of internet security.

That would be totally stupid.

This is entirely down to lack of any background information from you. Had you provided the information first as to where you got it from it would have saved wasting my time. Pretty sure resetting the device to the delivered condition is in the links I provided.

If you weren't so rude I might have found the link to the required information. Your question was impossible to answer.

Google is your friend. Try helping yourself. Ask how to reset a Humax eye to it's delivered condition. Create your own account with your own password. It should work just fine.

Unbelievable you expect potentially thousands of security devices will have the same login and password. How the heck would the server know where the pictures where coming from ?

As to wasting your time. The boot is on the other foot. This whole thread is down to you.

If you explain the situation us mere mortals can understand, instead of asking totally impossible questions, and then responding I didn't know the answer you would have got nowhere.

Basically only the original owner would no this information and frankly had he/she responded they would have been as stupid as the your first post.

Every owner of this kit must have there own user ID and a unique password.

Would you expect say A Netflix subscriber to have the same login as everyone else ?

That's how daft your OP is.

| Tue 11 Jun 2019 22:59:45 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

markee68

Ok, Graham (I assume that's your name), you are clearly an established knowledgeable member on here, if my original question was daft, or impossible to answer or didn't provide enough information then why didn't you say so from the outset?

Instead you chose to blindly copy and paste a link that you knew would be of no help and belittled a "junior user" with the comment "how much more help do you need?" when I requested more specific information.

But I am not going to rise to your insults and assumptions about my abilities, life's too short...

Here's some more information:

1. I have setup the camera from new, I have the username and password, I set it. It is not from another user (not sure where you got this from, you and I know what assumptions do...).

2. When you set the camera up it links to your mobile via Bluetooth so you can enter wifi settings, and the user account is setup on the Y Cam app not the camera.

3. I have Googled for an answer and got nothing so that's why I came here to ask the question hoping someone may have the answer (Googling is the first port of call, but again rather than asking if I had, an assumption was made I hadn't so you could dish out more insults on my abilities..).

4. I have tried the username and password from the Y Cam app in the web login but it does not work, it's not going to work of course, as you may have multiple cameras and they are not all going to have the same login are they? I have also tried the usual combinations of admin / password - admin / admin.

5. The answer to my question could have been really simple, like, for example, the web login is admin for username and serial number or camera ID for the password and there would have been no need to provide lot's of unnecessary background information.

6. We are all mere mortals my friend. I did explain really clearly what I was trying to do - enter the camera IP address into a web browser and login to the camera web interface with a user name and password. The Y Cam username and password you enter during setup is clearly different and applies to the Y Cam app only (as you may have multiple cameras). Unbelievably, I wasn't expecting them all to be the same, but plenty of devices do ship with such a setup, as you and I both know. Oh, and the Humax Eye is not exactly a security device is it? It's a consumer camera. I've setup IP based security devices and I do know what you have to do to set these up, and it isn't just a username and password, the Humax Eye is not in the same league....

So, that's as much information I can think of to illustrate my situation. If you feel I've been rude and don't wish to assist, then that's up to you, but I do appreciate any help you can offer.

Thank you for your assistance so far.

| Wed 12 Jun 2019 9:41:25 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

markee68 - I had one of these camera's - now broken (possibly my fault).
    I think the user ID and password you are trying to input does not exist. You need to register first on the site.

| Wed 12 Jun 2019 9:57:22 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Humax have a help line for the camera clearly stated in the provided instructions.

I had no problems in accessing the setup option on my box using it's IP address

But I was unable to connect it to my router. Turned out the box doesn't like long passwords or characters that aren't alpha numerics.

Once connected by WiFi you don't need a password. So why your box is asking for one before it has been setup would seem to indicate the box wasn't delivered in a default condition.

Reset the box as in the instructions. You may have to change the password on your network, as I did for one of my dual band router outputs.

| Wed 12 Jun 2019 10:06:04 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

markee68

Ok, thank you, I've only had mine setup a few days and I think they are a little fragile....

The reason I asked the question is that during my Googling for an answer I found a response on another forum where someone had said they'd logged into the camera web interface and there were some useful settings in there.

When you say "register first on the site" what site are you referring to please?

Thank you.

| Wed 12 Jun 2019 10:06:22 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.