My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Humax F1 fOX

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

fondriest

Hi folks,

I have registered on here to ascertain help that I have tried to find over 3 days on the net.I have a very old but ultra reliable F1-Fox and I noticed that on the BBC website I could get the interactive channels for Wimbledon,GP etc on 12441 v.When I try to tune in I keep getting User and the channel is scrambled.I read thes streams are data not tv.You guys and gals are the experts so any advice you have even if my receiver is nix to these channels I would be very grateful.

| Tue 28 Jun 2011 18:10:49 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Not familiar with the box but the sports stream are normally accessed by pressing the red button on a bbc channel. Whether this will work on your box not a clue. You can't add them that way using non-freesat mode on a Humax freesat box.

Welcome by the way.

| Tue 28 Jun 2011 18:19:05 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

fondriest

Thanks Graham.This is a maybe 12 years old box no Red Button and when tuned in using PIDs etc I get User and then the channel is scrambled.I wonder if my box is too old but it gets all the other BBC/ITV regions ok

| Tue 28 Jun 2011 18:32:04 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

At the risk of teaching grandmother to suck eggs

All the technical details SID PIDs etc here

http://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=bbci&Submit=Zap

You could of course treat yourself to a FOXSAT-HD or even better a FOXSAT-HDR

| Tue 28 Jun 2011 18:41:41 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

fondriest

Yes thanks Graham got all this but why do I not get the channels when I put in the various PIDs but a black screen and a scrambled notice.Someone on a satellite forum said the Interactive streams are data not tv and you havta convert them.....

| Wed 29 Jun 2011 0:00:14 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I don't think that's the reason. For instance some freesat boxes can apparently view them as channels in non-freesat mode.

Although you can't view them as channels on a standard Freesat box using Raydon's modified firmware on a Foxsat-hdr and the channel editor you can add them to the Freesat channel list. Once there you can not only view the content but can set a manual recording timer. There's no epg of course.

| Wed 29 Jun 2011 9:30:30 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.