My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

humax fvp-4000t 2tb Internet nterference

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

G6VBJ

Hi, just received this PVR. I use a power line connector to extend my internet connection to the lounge where the PVR is situated. With the humax fvp-4000t 2tb powered up my internet speed reduces to 1Mbs (download) and a ping speed of 132ms. With the humax fvp-4000t 2tb powered down the ping returns to 10ms and download speed returns to 30Mbs.

Anyone else found this problem? Is there a solution. Thanks

| Sat 19 Dec 2015 23:28:37 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

First question, is the box the only device connected by homeplugs to your router ?. If not have you got mixed homeplug devices on your network ? What other devices are you measuring download speeds on and how are they connected ?

| Sun 20 Dec 2015 0:06:47 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

G6VBJ

There are other devices, but the only addition is the humax fvp-4000t 2tb. After further investigation, it would seem that some interference is coming from the Humax power supply, when removed the errors drop even more (it was plugged into the some double mains socket as the power line adaptor). When the humax fvp-4000t 2tb is powered from a different socket (across the other side of the room) on the same ring main all errors disappear.

| Sun 20 Dec 2015 0:26:28 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

G6VBJ - 10 hours ago  » 
    There are other devices, but the only addition is the humax fvp-4000t 2tb. After further investigation, it would seem that some interference is coming from the Humax power supply, when removed the errors drop even more (it was plugged into the some double mains socket as the power line adaptor). When the humax fvp-4000t 2tb is powered from a different socket (across the other side of the room) on the same ring main all errors disappear.

You could try moving the PSU away from the Homeplug using a short extension lead.

| Sun 20 Dec 2015 11:12:54 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.