My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax HDR-1000S UniCable compatibility

(12 posts)
  1. whiez

whiez

Has anyone any idea when Humax intend to enable UniCable support for the 1000S? While trying to set up a friend's machine I was astonished to find that this was not possible, whereas my older Foxsat can operate with a UniCable LNB without any problems. Surely this must be an priority update.

| Wed 30 Jan 2013 23:35:24 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

No idea - Your friend is only the second person on all the freesat forums who actutally has a unicable LNB. I would think this is a low priority item.

| Thu 31 Jan 2013 8:33:13 #2 |
  3. whiez

whiez

Well, he doesn't actually have one yet. In order to avoid having to replace cabling in his Alpine chalet I was hoping to use a unicable LNB. I doubt that this is a priority too, considering all the other issues with the interface on the 1000S. It's a pity that Humax got this so wrong.
    I did beta testing of the YouView box in the UK, and it too is not as good as the older Freeview units. There seems to be an effort to dumb-down the menu structure and functionality in order to make these new units 'easy' to use. All this achieves is a reduction in flexibility and speed of operation. Styling has taken a backwards step too.

| Fri 1 Feb 2013 7:40:39 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

speculatrix

since my octal LNB has failed, and I came across this, I too would have been interested in a unicable system.

| Sun 3 Apr 2016 12:36:49 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Did you go through the hidden menu setup options to see if unicable is supported ?

| Sun 3 Apr 2016 12:46:11 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

speculatrix

no sign of such an option, I could only find one hidden menu, under general info.

| Sun 3 Apr 2016 13:53:29 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

speculatrix - 15 minutes ago  » 
    no sign of such an option, I could only find one hidden menu, under general info.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/2-feed-into-1-for-freesat-and-german-tv#post-47168

| Sun 3 Apr 2016 14:08:55 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

The system does appear to be something of a step forward when compared to all the coax cables we need at present. I currently have four in my household whereas one cable drop with multiple pass-throughs sounds far more interesting.

| Sun 3 Apr 2016 14:17:04 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I used to run my Foxsat in unicable mode. It worked very well, one cable to the unit split (1 splitter supplied with LNB) just before unit..

However my setup now is a Quattro LNB to a mutiswitch feeding double TV points in the kitchen, lounge and bedroom.

I gave up checking if it is supported as entering a antenna menu option will require a retune on exit.

| Sun 3 Apr 2016 14:50:27 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » 
    I used to run my Foxsat in unicable mode. It worked very well, one cable to the unit split (1 splitter supplied with LNB) just before unit..
    However my setup now is a Quattro LNB to a mutiswitch feeding double TV points in the kitchen, lounge and bedroom.
    I gave up checking if it is supported as entering a antenna menu option will require a retune on exit.

We have the legacy connections from our Sky+ HD multi-room days.

| Sun 3 Apr 2016 15:58:21 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.