My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Humax hdr fox t2

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tamr

Hi I bought this box from another person and it's great and old, do humax still update this box? I tried downloading the software but the box wouldn't start update, I let it sit all night with internet on and still no update, is box just to old to update? As u can probably tell am a noob at all this tech stuff, Thanks

| Wed 17 Mar 2021 18:13:36 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Tamr - 42 mins ago  » 
    Hi I bought this box from another person and it's great and old, do humax still update this box? I tried downloading the software but the box wouldn't start update,

Exactly what did you do with the update you downloaded?

I let it sit all night with internet on and still no update, is box just to old to update?

It was never possible to update an HDR-FOX T2 over the Internet. Updates in the past were broadcast and received via the aerial but this stopped a few years ago. The only way to update is via download and transferring to a USB memory stick.

The HDR-FOX T2 whilst old is still quite a decent box and you might want to pop over to Https://hummy.tv to learn about the custom firmware which runs alongside the standard firmware and enhances the capabilities of the box.

| Wed 17 Mar 2021 19:01:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tamr

I put update on usb turned off box put usb in and turned back on at back, usb stick was flashing but nothing happened, tried it in both usb and with micro sd in usb. Thanks I'll look at that page u suggested

| Wed 17 Mar 2021 19:10:39 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tamr

I've looked at the software page and it's got lots of different upgrades do I just grab first one? Sorry but am rubbish at this stuff am surprised I made it this far.

| Wed 17 Mar 2021 19:26:12 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Tamr - 19 mins ago  » 
    I put update on usb turned off box put usb in and turned back on at back, usb stick was flashing but nothing happened, tried it in both usb and with micro sd in usb. Thanks I'll look at that page u suggested

| Wed 17 Mar 2021 19:30:21 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Tamr - 19 mins ago  » 
    I put update on usb turned off box put usb in and turned back on at back, usb stick was flashing but nothing happened, tried it in both usb and with micro sd in usb.

When you say you turned the box off, did you put the box into standby or did you turn off the mains power? Turning off the mains power after putting the box into standby and then restarting is the best way to do it. The USB stick needs to be using FAT16 or FAT32 file system; if it is NTFS formatted it won't work. Similarly the partitioning scheme needs to be MBR; a stick using a GPT style partition scheme won't work.

| Wed 17 Mar 2021 19:35:47 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tamr

I got it to read Card it done the install and said end on box I turned it off at back, and back on again but it's showing 1.03.12 in system

| Wed 17 Mar 2021 20:04:16 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Tamr - 1 hour ago  » 
    I got it to read Card it done the install and said end on box I turned it off at back, and back on again but it's showing 1.03.12 in system

Sorry what version of the software were you trying to install?

| Wed 17 Mar 2021 21:15:04 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tamr

Hi it was v3.13 I tried, version I have is 1.3.12, I really appreciate the help Martin

| Wed 17 Mar 2021 21:30:06 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Tamr - 22 mins ago  » 
    Hi it was v3.13 I tried, version I have is 1.3.12, I really appreciate the help Martin

Those two version numbers refer to different things. From your description it sounds as though you have successfully installed both, just as many have done deliberately!

At the HDR-FOX T2's core is the Humax software, and that is 1.3.12 which is the latest version. The menus will state 1.3.12.
    The software you loaded included the Humax 1.3.12 software plus some other software created, and still maintained, by some of the members of the hummy.tv forum. The latest version of that additional add-on software is v3.13. When you start the Humax from scratch the start up process will include displaying "Cust FW 3.13" on the Humax front panel for a few seconds.

This custom software enables you to add many extra features to the HDR-FOX T2 without disturbing the core Humax functionality. Some of this extra functionality can get a bit techy and some of it is straight forward.

There is an overview at https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Custom_Firmware_Overview
    but that overview doesn't include what useful "packages" you can install. It's worth browsing through the packages to see if any grab your interest.
    Probably the easiest way of browsing all the extra options you now have is to follow that site's instructions for installing the full web interface and then browsing trough the packages via the Package icon. The more techy stuff is initially hidden. You will need to use a browser to do this. The browser can be you normal browser on your normal phone, windows, mac or linux PC. To then install your choice just click on the "install" button next to the package description.

Instructions for installing the full interface are located at https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Install_Modified_Firmware

If you do get into difficulties with what to do next, or how to get something to work for you, then your question may have already been answered on the dedicated forum https://hummy.tv/forum/forums/hd-hdr-fox-t2-customised-firmware.28/
    If it's a new question then that is also the appropriate place to ask, as that site is where the volunteer developers/testers are members of, and also the site where you downloaded the software onto your USB stick.

The people who use the custom firmware, (think of it as add-ons rather than a replacement), have various favourite packages. I wouldn't install all of them but just take it gradually.

| Wed 17 Mar 2021 22:45:41 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.