My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax in France

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

PhilB123

Hi Guys
    Wondered if any of you Humax owners in France might be able to help
    We moved here (Charente) about 12 months ago
    The house had a dish and the previous owner had English channels - not sure what platform so I purchased a cheap Manhattan Freesat box from the UK to see if it would work and to get me up and running quickly. Worked perfectly, even gave me HD channels
    I've now just upgraded to a HDR 1100s for recording capability- again purchased from the UK via Amazon
    Installed today and it doesn't pick up any satellite signal at all, not even a sniff !
    Contacted Humax and they say non of their products are tested outside the UK so cant guarantee they work but t try entering a UK postcode as they are aware that might help.
    Tried that but as there is no signal it doesn't retain the postcode or search for any channels
    Before I parcel it up and send it back does anyone have any bright ideas
    thanks
    Phil

| Fri 8 Dec 2017 14:41:06 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

How many coax feeds do you have from your lnb ? If only one make sure it's connected to tuner 1 in. If two try switching them round.

Welcome to our forum

| Fri 8 Dec 2017 15:48:00 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

PhilB123

HI Graham
    I have 1 and it was connected to tuner 2
    Its now connected to tuner 1 and hey presto
    many thanks for sorting me out !
    Wife very happy - she can record all her programmes over Christmas
    and I'm very happy as I don't have to watch them !!!
    best regards
    Phil

| Fri 8 Dec 2017 16:25:14 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

PhilB123 - 1 hour ago  » 
    HI Graham
    I have 1 and it was connected to tuner 2
    Its now connected to tuner 1 and hey presto
    many thanks for sorting me out !
    Wife very happy - she can record all her programmes over Christmas
    and I'm very happy as I don't have to watch them !!!
    best regards
    Phil

You are welcome. Using one cable does restrict what second channel recording and 3rd channel viewing you use. The box won't let you set impossible combinations and when recording two the programme up/down buttons cycle through the available channels.

More info

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

Note the G2 boxes allow time shifting on all viewable channels, and if the 3rd is viewed from the beginning (hint set a reminder) then once either of the two recordings finishes you can record the entire 3rd viewed programme by pressing the instant record button.

| Fri 8 Dec 2017 17:54:14 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

There are quite a few Humax owners in France (My self included) some much more south than you. I am in the Gers.

Good advice is always available on this forum.

| Fri 8 Dec 2017 19:55:36 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

CaptCoz

I live in France and am wondering if you can get On Demand from Freesat. I have an old Humax Fox and can get ITV catch up but not BBC, so before I splash out on an upgrade, I would like to know what to expect, thanks

| Sat 6 Jan 2018 14:46:00 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Graham, one of our Forum stalwarts answered your previous query on this one...

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/on-demand-tv-outside-uk

| Sat 6 Jan 2018 14:51:16 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

CaptCoz - 18 minutes ago  » 
    I live in France and am wondering if you can get On Demand from Freesat. I have an old Humax Fox and can get ITV catch up but not BBC, so before I splash out on an upgrade, I would like to know what to expect, thanks

I have NordVPN installed (A VPN is essential if you want to use services like online banking on public WiFi sites). As an experiment changed my IP address to a different UK IP Address on my laptop and tried iplayer it just says not working. Reverting to normal IP address works just fine. So it seems bbc iplayer will only work while actually in the UK and using a UK isp supplied IP Address, except for the following.

If you have a UK registered smartphone with a generous data allowance then the change last year to allow you to use your data allowance while abroad did at least last year allow you to use iplayer on a smartphone. I did just that in Rhodes to watch the BBC News. You can use a chromecast to put it on a large screen TV. Guess that will still work but heaven knows what happens after BREXIT.

Seems unlikely you are using a HD-FOX (HD-FOX-T2 is a terrestrial box)

Guessing you have a Foxsat-HDR or Foxsat-HD, iplayer no longer works on these boxes even in the UK.

Not sure what on demand services will work using a HDR-1100S, I do know that Netflix have cracked down on smartdns server solutions.

Just tried Netflix and unlike iplayer it does work while using NordVPN.

Hope this helps.

| Sat 6 Jan 2018 15:13:21 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.