My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax replacement remote recommendations.

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Any recommendations for a good cheap-ish replacement remote for a Humax PVR box, just having all the main buttons like media/menu etc would be useful and easy to setup.
    It's actually for a friend who's FOXSAT HDR remote has stopped working. So far I've found a One For All Essence 4 (URC 7140) available locally (Argos) that has a learning feature so they can add any functions like media that might be missing. But I'm sure there must be better options.

| Fri 6 Jan 2017 9:06:06 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spile

I use a Harmony 650 to control my Humax, tv, sound system and DVD

| Sun 8 Jan 2017 8:55:59 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Worth trying to clean the original remote.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/how-to-open-up-and-clean-remoterm-f01-control

| Sun 8 Jan 2017 10:52:22 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

grahamlthompson - 22 hours ago  » 
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/how-to-open-up-and-clean-remoterm-f01-control

It probably does need a clean but apparently it was working one minute and not the next after the box was moved, which does seem odd ! I asked them to check the multi code function to see if that had been changed but they got nothing from the remote. I've also asked them to check the IR emitter with a digital camera, they should be seeing some light from one of the buttons even if it does need a good clean. (No idea if they had any joy with that as I haven't had a reply)
    They've put new batteries in of course and I they've had the box long enough so I presume they pressed PVR first
    They are currently borrowing my Foxsat HDR remote which I have cleaned a couple of times in the past.

| Mon 9 Jan 2017 9:02:58 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Spile - 1 day ago  » 
    I use a Harmony 650 to control my Humax, tv, sound system and DVD

Thanks for the reply, I like the Harmony remotes and I use one myself but I don't think they want to spend that much.
    I think they are going to try a One For all Big Button PVR remote (it looks much better than it sounds) 3 devices, learns, internet upgradable and it's on sale. It doesn't have enough buttons of course but most of the original buttons don't get used and there are alternatives on the Foxsat like a settings/menu button on the box and colour button options to get to things like schedule from guide etc and hopefully the learn feature will be easy to use. If it's no good it can go back, if they keep it they can hopefully use it for a future Freesat box.

| Mon 9 Jan 2017 9:05:32 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 week ago  » 

I was given the remote to look at, checked it first with a camera phone and it wasn't completely dead. Took it apart and the circuit board was wet, which explains why it suddenly stopped working. After a good scrub and a good wipe with alcohol it is fully functional again and probably working better than it has done for years.
    The cheap One 4 All replacement is working well too and does all the basic functions they need it to do so they'll have a spare remote now.

| Sat 21 Jan 2017 11:18:45 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.