My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Humax TV Portal

(89 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

No OTA being broadcast, only option is to update via USB port.

| Sun 12 Apr 2015 15:21:56 #71 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spider

How do I do that?

| Sun 12 Apr 2015 15:23:01 #72 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chris547

I am also disappointed that the portal on my HDR 1800T does not have all the catch up services and it would of helped for example when the Rugby World Cup was on ITV.

My low cost work around is to buy a 2nd box in tandem with my 1800T. Trying to decide between The DTR1000, DTR1010, DTR2000 or perhaps the BT Humax DTR T2100 and any advice on which is best greatly appreciated. I see Humax have some refurbs with a years warranty for £67, £119 and £139 and there seems to be plenty of the BT boxes on Ebay.

Presumably all I need to run 2 boxes is to add a splitter to my aerial down lead to feed both boxes.

Despite all the unhappy comments I read here I find my Humax portal works very well on BBC Iplayer and You Tube and all I had to do was run a cable from my BT router and despite having a poor down load speed I usually have no issues at all. I just want more stations so having Youview to supplement Freeview should work OK for me.

Is the DTR for £67 with a years Humax warranty not a real bargain?

| Mon 11 Jan 2016 18:31:52 #74 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Chris547 - 16 minutes ago  » 
    Is the DTR for £67 with a years Humax warranty not a real bargain?

Probably not; there are an awful lot of reports of hardware problems with the DTR1000; I would suggest a DTR2000 or DTR2100.

| Mon 11 Jan 2016 18:49:41 #75 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

You could have a look at Smart Bluray players, if it's mainly the catchup and VoD you want to supplement. Check the reviews. Samsung ones will have the most apps available. I think they start around £60-70.

Or a Roku or NowTV Roku.

| Mon 11 Jan 2016 21:59:11 #76 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

PeterStones

Hi Guys, first post so here goes.

I assume the portal runs some type of modifies Android system, therefore is it not possible to add new apps yourself in some way?

| Sun 29 Jan 2017 14:40:23 #77 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

PeterStones - 1 hour ago  » 
    I assume the portal runs some type of modifies Android system, therefore is it not possible to add new apps yourself in some way?

What makes you think it uses a modified Android system?

| Sun 29 Jan 2017 16:11:39 #78 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

PeterStones

Hi, the apps look just like the Android versions and I can't think why Humax would waste development resource reinventing something that already exists.

If its not Android does anyone know what it is and whether its possible to add apps that have been developed separately?

| Sun 29 Jan 2017 22:28:54 #79 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

PeterStones - 12 hours ago  » 
    Hi, the apps look just like the Android versions and I can't think why Humax would waste development resource reinventing something that already exists.
    If its not Android does anyone know what it is and whether its possible to add apps that have been developed separately?

The operating system (afiak like all Humax boxes) is Linux based. The custom firmware available from Hummy.TV has a custom portal with a few extra apps but nothing to get excited about.

| Mon 30 Jan 2017 10:54:16 #80 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.