My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. Mars

Mars

special member

I realise that everyone is too busy playing with the apps to watch any TV channels, but does anyone else have a problem with Channel 5 HD. The sound is coming and going and the picture freezing or going blank (black screen). The signal is 100% for strength and quality. I have tried on two TVs (Sony and Samsung) and two HDMI cables.

| Tue 10 Nov 2020 11:09:57 #154 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

gap

Hi all!
    Got my Humax Aura yesterday and set up - overall please and seems to be working well!
    One thing I am struggling with is the volume control to my TV - I have a Samsung TV with an attached soundbar via ARC, and enabled HDMI-CEC on the TV and the Humax, but when I mute or do V+/- on the Humax remote, it is just altering the volume of the Humax box. In the manual it says it can change volume via HDMI-CEC, so is anyone having any luck with that?

Thanks!
    gap

| Tue 10 Nov 2020 11:12:45 #155 |
  3. Jthspace

Jthspace

No, me neither. Volume control is a real issue - I have a Samsung Soundbar on my LG TV with optical connection. I have to set the soundbar volume quite high to hear anything via the Humax - if I switch to the TV to watch Netflix, neighbours 3 doors away would be able to hear it as the volume suddenly goes high. Volume control on the Humax does NOT feed through.

Doesn't matter if I use optical from the Humax or HDMI-CEC, same issue occurs. I also have had to turn off "sound surround" and switch to "stereo" on the Humax in order to get anything like a listenable volume from the box.

| Tue 10 Nov 2020 11:17:35 #156 |
  4. slug123uk

slug123uk

mhargreaves - 13 hours ago  » 
    Does the aura work with an IR remote?

Yes

| Tue 10 Nov 2020 11:26:16 #157 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

slug123uk - 19 mins ago  » 

mhargreaves - 13 hours ago  » 
    Does the aura work with an IR remote?

Yes

bar Google Assistant and voice search.

| Tue 10 Nov 2020 11:46:59 #158 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

danny121pt

BBC iPlayer is now working via the official one on the box, including from guide and freeview play.

| Tue 10 Nov 2020 11:56:18 #159 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

dxbetv

Does this box have a dlna server or can one be installed to allow viewing of recordings on a tv in a different room?

| Tue 10 Nov 2020 12:02:50 #160 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

gap

Jthspace - 46 mins ago  » 
    No, me neither. Volume control is a real issue - I have a Samsung Soundbar on my LG TV with optical connection. I have to set the soundbar volume quite high to hear anything via the Humax - if I switch to the TV to watch Netflix, neighbours 3 doors away would be able to hear it as the volume suddenly goes high. Volume control on the Humax does NOT feed through.
    Doesn't matter if I use optical from the Humax or HDMI-CEC, same issue occurs. I also have had to turn off "sound surround" and switch to "stereo" on the Humax in order to get anything like a listenable volume from the box.

Thanks @Jthspace - have been trying everything to get working so good to know it isn't just me / my setup! Will reach out to Humax to see if they can advise anything, as frustrating as had working with the old BT YouView box!

| Tue 10 Nov 2020 12:05:30 #161 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Clem_Dye

Have any of these problems been reported to Humax? Based on what I've been reading here, it seems like this box is one to avoid for now -- typical early adopter pain.

| Tue 10 Nov 2020 12:12:06 #162 |
  10. Jthspace

Jthspace

danny121pt - 54 mins ago  » 
    BBC iPlayer is now working via the official one on the box, including from guide and freeview play.

Well, it loads for me but when I select a program to watch it reports "Something went wrong loading this programme. This is usually a temporary problem. You can try this programme again or try a different programme"

Error code shown : 02001

No program will load via iPlayer, nor does the green "start from beginning" work.

Almost there . . . . .

| Tue 10 Nov 2020 12:53:37 #163 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.