My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. Mars

Mars

special member

Gizmo247 - 4 hours ago  » 
    Two weeks on from requesting to return my Aura back to Humax Direct and they still haven't collected it or refunded my money!
    I should have bought it from Amazon. If I had waited a bit too, I would have read the awful reviews on there first and avoided like the Covid.
    The product has got such great potential but why would they release it when it is clearly not ready. They have just ruined its reputation and not improved their own. Shame.

Humax seem to be very slow at responding to emails at the moment. I phoned them about returning my Aura and it was picked up a few days later.

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 17:12:06 #417 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Eldienne

I would add that the Aura is a very good freeview recorder. I am a lover of manhattan Tr3 but with extra tuners, android interface etc I do think the Aura beats it. Everyone needs to forget about netflix.. It was never advertised so can't criticise for it not being on there. Manhattan always promised it coming and it never did and I would imagine aura will be the same. As a free 8 recorder it works really well and is better than the Tr3. Just some reassurance for those who want it for a freeview recorder/catch up box.

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 19:18:04 #418 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Flutty

Hi, I am still having problems with my Aura box, black insulation tape on the remote stops it switching on the other Humax boxes by IR, bit of a shame on a brand new remote. Now this evening, 18:00 23rd Nov I get no LIVE picture output from the box, signal strength and quality show 99% and 100%, now I need to test to see if it is recording or not. I am very unhappy that we are being used as Beta Testers for this box.

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 19:20:57 #419 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Flutty - 21 mins ago  » 
    Hi, I am still having problems with my Aura box, black insulation tape on the remote stops it switching on the other Humax boxes by IR, bit of a shame on a brand new remote. Now this evening, 18:00 23rd Nov I get no LIVE picture output from the box, signal strength and quality show 99% and 100%, now I need to test to see if it is recording or not. I am very unhappy that we are being used as Beta Testers for this box.

Change the infra red code set (1-6) available for most all other kit on the boxes that are affected.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote-1

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 19:44:28 #420 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Flutty

Ah yes, that would be a nice idea . . . however the Humax YouView box that the Aura was going to replace has lost its Settings page, so I cant change anything. I still have no live picture either.

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 19:48:21 #421 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Flutty - 3 mins ago  » 
    Ah yes, that would be a nice idea . . . however the Humax YouView box that the Aura was going to replace has lost its Settings page, so I cant change anything. I still have no live picture either.

The Youview boxes are the only ones that do not work.

Anyone tried to change the codeset on the aura remote ?

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 19:53:18 #422 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Flutty

Yep, the old methods are the best - switch it off, pull out the PSU, leave it for 10 mins then restart

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 19:56:09 #423 |
  8. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Flutty - 4 hours ago  » 

The Settings option on a Youview box is now the cog icon on the top right of the screen after pressing Menu. Press Up to from there to get to it.

But you can't change the IR code-set on a Youview box anyway.

Having mulled it over I see no reason to get an Aura box and will be sticking with my BT Youview box, a Digitalstream Freeview PVR and use my Android tablet to cast to the TV any online services not otherwise covered.

| Tue 24 Nov 2020 0:10:57 #424 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

grahamlthompson - 5 hours ago  » 
    Anyone tried to change the codeset on the aura remote ?

Yes that has been attempted, and there has even been a discussion on the subject on this site that you participated in.

| Tue 24 Nov 2020 1:45:14 #425 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

A lot of people seem to be returning their boxes, however as we all know when items such as these are first launched there are always software updates to putt hese issues right, why do people not give Humax the chance to put these right. There has been a lot of talk of the Manhattan however as this has been out some time they have had plenty of time to put such issues right.Have some patience people, it's not about the problems its about how they are rectified.

| Tue 24 Nov 2020 10:31:35 #426 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.