My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. Mars

Mars

special member

The app seems to work fine in normal standby as the box is still connected to the wireless network.

| Tue 26 Jan 2021 21:33:26 #771 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

boogersa - 42 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 44 mins ago  » 

matcare - 39 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 8 mins ago  » 

matcare - 46 mins ago  » 
    I've tried setting recordings via the app but they don't seem to be working. Are they working for other people?

Yes they are. Which app android or IOS. I am using the Android app. If you are my the box check the schedule on the connected TV after setting a recording. Did you check the guide using the app after setting a recording ?

I'm using the android app. I tried to record 'Pointless' this afternoon as it had switched to BBC2 again. I checked that it appeared in the schedule as reported by the app and it did. However it has not recorded. The box was in deep standby while doing this. Is that the problem?

Yes the app cannot wake the box. It needs to be on. With it fully on all the app functions should work.

Under Record & Share there is an update interval - it states that “Your box will wake up at each time interval to update remote recording information”. I have not tried if this works from either type of standby but will try a full standby.

That refers to remote scheduling. You need to turn it on. When setup. You can schedule recordings while away from home.

The interval determines how often the box wakes to check the Humax server for any changes you may have made.

| Tue 26 Jan 2021 21:40:08 #772 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

RodCrockford

Over the weekend I managed to ftp to the Humax Aura (with the latest software update applied) from my Android phone and downloaded a recording from the Aura onto the phone (.TS file extension) which played fine.

I copied the ftp address and pasted into an email so I wouldn't lose it.

Now however I can't connect from the phone or a laptop to the Aura using that ftp, just get the error 'This site can’t be reached 192.168.x.xxx refused to connect.'.

I haven't changed any settings on the Aura box since then, the ftp command is the one I used on Sunday and matches that in the Record and Share settings (File share setting there is on, and I have the correct PIN included). Phone and Aura are on the same wi-fi network.

I can't now find the original instructions of how to set this up to check everything. Can anyone provide a step by step non-techie guide of how to set up the Aura/phone/laptop to do this please?

Thanks in advance.

| Tue 26 Jan 2021 21:45:35 #773 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

RodCrockford - 58 mins ago  » 
    Over the weekend I managed to ftp to the Humax Aura (with the latest software update applied) from my Android phone and downloaded a recording from the Aura onto the phone (.TS file extension) which played fine.
    I copied the ftp address and pasted into an email so I wouldn't lose it.
    Now however I can't connect from the phone or a laptop to the Aura using that ftp, just get the error 'This site can’t be reached 192.168.x.xxx refused to connect.'.

I haven't changed any settings on the Aura box since then, the ftp command is the one I used on Sunday and matches that in the Record and Share settings (File share setting there is on, and I have the correct PIN included). Phone and Aura are on the same wi-fi network.
    I can't now find the original instructions of how to set this up to check everything. Can anyone provide a step by step non-techie guide of how to set up the Aura/phone/laptop to do this please?
    Thanks in advance.

Going to assume you mean access by the box built in WEB interface. A Built in web server (HTML) access to the box. FTP is not the same.

Your Aura IPaddress:8080 as a url in a web browser.

You just need the port 8080 after the IP address.

I have not been able to access the box using a FTP package.

If not haven't a clue.

| Tue 26 Jan 2021 22:44:14 #774 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ParksidePeter

Screen cap of the Aura's inbuilt webpage attached.
    I was also able to set up a recording on the app. At first it didn't seem to work but when I looked a few minutes later it had.

| Wed 27 Jan 2021 12:04:01 #775 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ParksidePeter

ParksidePeter - 1 min ago  » 

Don't know why the screen cap was 'denied size,' 204kb doesn't seem excessive.

| Wed 27 Jan 2021 12:06:37 #776 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Flutty

Good Morning, thanks to all you guys I have now got my iOS app working, just deleted my Aura box at MyHumax and reinstalled it. The ftp server now works as address appears on Box settings once file share is switched on. The Web interface is as stated eg Your IP address 192.168.1.xxx:8080 So all looking good this morning, only problem I still have is the Tuner signal level, I have put a 3db attenuator in so that BBC News and BBC Four etc dont overload but this means I get breakup now on Yesterday etc. All signals from same TX at Rowridge, YouView and TV are fine with this signal, so I guess the tuners in the Aura dont have a wide acceptance level.

| Wed 27 Jan 2021 12:25:37 #777 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ParksidePeter - 59 mins ago  » 
    I was also able to set up a recording on the app. At first it didn't seem to work but when I looked a few minutes later it had.

Newer phones have high res screens. So produce large images. right click in Windows explorer and choose properties should tell you the image size in pixels.

Bear in mind at best most will only have a 1920 x 1080 display on a laptop.

| Wed 27 Jan 2021 13:06:05 #778 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Flutty - 41 mins ago  » 
    Good Morning, thanks to all you guys I have now got my iOS app working, just deleted my Aura box at MyHumax and reinstalled it. The ftp server now works as address appears on Box settings once file share is switched on. The Web interface is as stated eg Your IP address 192.168.1.xxx:8080 So all looking good this morning, only problem I still have is the Tuner signal level, I have put a 3db attenuator in so that BBC News and BBC Four etc dont overload but this means I get breakup now on Yesterday etc. All signals from same TX at Rowridge, YouView and TV are fine with this signal, so I guess the tuners in the Aura dont have a wide acceptance level.

Use a variable one. At 92% signal this morning I was getting total signal loss for a few minutes. Reduced level to 80%. So far seems to be fine.

| Wed 27 Jan 2021 13:08:30 #779 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

ParksidePeter

grahamlthompson - 5 hours ago  » 

ParksidePeter - 59 mins ago  » 

Newer phones have high res screens. So produce large images. right click in Windows explorer and choose properties should tell you the image size in pixels.
    Bear in mind at best most will only have a 1920 x 1080 display on a laptop.

A modern website should be able to cope with what its users throw at it without the users having to analyse the format of small image files.

| Wed 27 Jan 2021 18:49:20 #780 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.