My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RodCrockford

The browser connection via 192.168.x.xxx:8080 has suddenly started working when it didn't work at all last night.

Still interested in getting ftp working on it though. ftp://aura:pincode@192.168.x.xxx:2323/ still not allowing a connection.

| Wed 27 Jan 2021 19:41:04 #781 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

gap

RodCrockford - 2 mins ago  » 
    The browser connection via 192.168.x.xxx:8080 has suddenly started working when it didn't work at all last night.
    Still interested in getting ftp working on it though. ftp://aura:pincode@192.168.x.xxx:2323/ still not allowing a connection.

I played around for a while, got it to connect a few times, but doesnt seem very stable... I found that I had to switch it off and back on to get working each time, and also the default PIN of 0000 seems to be required (despite having changed it)

| Wed 27 Jan 2021 19:45:06 #782 |
  3. Mars

Mars

special member

Using the web interface, when watching a channel live, you can use picture in picture to get a small TV picture on the computer screen so you can watch BBC or Sky News while working. Maybe this explains why the picture in picture keeps disappearing on the Aura box!

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 17:41:08 #783 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

RodCrockford - 1 day ago  » 

Works for me using Filezilla

Attachments

1. Aura_Site_Manager_Settings.jpg (90.2 KB, 12 downloads) 3 years old
    | Fri 29 Jan 2021 18:25:59 #784 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

RodCrockford - 1 day ago  » 

Can I just check that you are substituting the numerical value for the placeholder pincode?

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 18:56:37 #785 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

RodCrockford

Thanks for the responses.

Yes am substituting the pin code but still not working.

Will give Filezilla a go.

Thanks again.

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 22:56:24 #786 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kieth

Using FTP with Aura. I have no issues connecting to Aura using FTP. No problem downloading recordings and playing them.

I have successfully uploaded one of my films in .TS format to the 'Upload' directory. How do I get Aura to 'play' my uploaded file?

| Sat 30 Jan 2021 19:01:16 #787 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Kieth - 11 mins ago  » 
    Using FTP with Aura. I have no issues connecting to Aura using FTP. No problem downloading recordings and playing them.
    I have successfully uploaded one of my films in .TS format to the 'Upload' directory. How do I get Aura to 'play' my uploaded file?

Presume this is on a PC.

I would be interested to see what MediaInfo says about the downloaded file.

Firstly why do you want the aura to play the downloaded file. It should still be available to play back in the box recordings list (In HD if it was recorded on a HD channel).

Basically the capability is to allow viewing of content on mobile devices without a WiFi connection.

Firstly can you play back the file using say VLC on a PC ?

There are a few ways to play back on mobile kit. Easiest is get a OTG adaptor for the mobile device you want to use to view the content without a WiFi connection.

MediaInfo will tell you what the file contains. View Treeview will allow you to export the full container details to a text file.

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

| Sat 30 Jan 2021 19:16:36 #788 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kieth

Thanks for feedback. As a filmmaker I would like to view my films on our large screen TV selecting them from the Aura

The .ts file pays fine on my PC

The issue is I cannot see my file in the recordings list on Aura

| Sat 30 Jan 2021 19:32:42 #789 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Kieth - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks for feedback. As a filmmaker I would like to view my films on our large screen TV selecting them from the Aura
    The .ts file pays fine on my PC
    The issue is I cannot see my file in the recordings list on Aura

I think I may have misunderstood these are films of your own you have tried to upload to the box ? Yes ?

If so the the ftp server is a server not a client.

As a test copy one to a fat32 stick and connect it to the aura rear usb 2.0 file.

VLC on the aura should find it and play it back.

A better way use a server like plex on your PC. And the plex client on aura to stream them from your PC.

I have not lloked or tried one. Howeever Windows Media player is DLNA server and Kodi which can be installed on the Aura is a dlna client.

The two should be able to stream them from a usb drive on your PC to the Aura.

| Sat 30 Jan 2021 21:22:45 #790 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.