My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

incomplete recordings

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

chassa

My recordings start after a programme begins and finish before it ends.

| Sat 22 Sep 2012 9:52:36 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum.

Can you specify a bit more information.

Is it all recordings or just a few.

Did you set them from the epg by pressing OK ?

Firstly are you using accurate recording (Menu/Settings/Recording Start Time and End Time set to auto).

Are they series recordings.

Some examples of the Channel and Programme you recorded with curtailed content.

| Sat 22 Sep 2012 10:09:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

chassa

Many thanks for your reply.To answer your questions:-
    It is all recordings.
    All set from EPG but by pressing record not OK.
    Not all are series recordings.
    All channels and all sorts of programmes.

We did not understand your question 'are you using accurate recordings.
    I would very much welcome your further help.

| Sun 23 Sep 2012 16:53:03 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Firstly check Menu/Settings/Recording Start Time and End Time are both set to auto - this lets the broadcaster adjust the times when they differ from the advertised ones.

Using the record button bypasses the accurate recording function.

Try this example

Press the schedule button on the remote followed by red (brings up the epg without waiting for guide to download a new one).

tap in 108 to move to BBC1-HD and scroll to Countryfile and press OK.

Press OK on HD, OK on record whole series. The entry on the epg now has a red timer flag, Use the 24H forward skip key (look at the bottom of the screen) to scroll to next Sunday, note next weeks also has the recording icon.

Exit to get out of the epg. Press schedule to see your series recording, it will show tonights recording. Exit.

All follow on recordings of Countryfile will be in a folder called Countryfile. After the recording the schedule will update to the next episode.

| Sun 23 Sep 2012 17:59:17 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

chassa

Many thanks for your help. I have followed your instructions so hopefully everything will now work okay.
    Having received no help at all from Humax [ it seems once the machine is sold that appears to be it!]we were about to give up and change to Sky so your help is especially appreciated, thanks once again.

| Mon 24 Sep 2012 15:53:53 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

mwyatt

Hi, I too have all preset recordings start after the beginning and end before the finish of the program. I have therefore set the recordings to start 1 minute early and end 5 minutes late, this seems to fix the problem. Are you saying that using "schedule" will override these timings and that the recording will start and end in accordance with the actual transmission times?
    Best regards, Martin.

| Mon 24 Sep 2012 17:23:19 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Well that depends on the broadcaster - the quality ones do achieve this and even for large overruns you will get the whole programme. Other broadcasters just transmit the scheduled times.

Accurate record works well for me - but it does depend on what you watch. Does the channels you watch transmit live or near so programmes that they do not know the length of in advance?

| Mon 24 Sep 2012 17:30:32 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

mwyatt

Hi, thanks for your reply, the channel we record most is ITV3 in the evenings, we mostly record the "detective" programs, Morse, Poirot, Murder she wrote etc. either they do not start/finish as advertised or there is a problem with detecting the actual start/finish of the program. Is some sort of identification soghnal sent out when the program actually start/ends, of is the information taken only from the EPG?
    Martin.

| Tue 25 Sep 2012 7:34:53 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The current programmes running status is transmitted and is used to provide the accurate record facility.

A Foxsat either uses accurate record or padding. So by setting padding you have disabled accurate record.

Some channels however (not the main ones) set the programmes running status from the epg.

| Tue 25 Sep 2012 8:34:41 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrissaf

mwyatt - 55 minutes ago  » 
    the channel we record most is ITV3 in the evenings, we mostly record the "detective" programs
    Martin.

ITV3 are abysmal at providing accurate start / stop times. I now always pad out ITV3 recording schedules with an extra 5 minutes at the end as I was constantly getting "and the murderer is........" then recording ends. PS - Channel 5 films that have the 5 minute break in the middle for news are also unreliable. I now set the 5 minute break to record as well so that the film continuity is not lost. In general I find the BBC channels spot on when it comes to accurate start / stop timings.

| Tue 25 Sep 2012 8:40:15 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.